Could I be further gone?

Babyvoisey

Reaction score
I don't know my dates exactly and this has come as a massive shock as we weren't even planning a baby. I went for a private scan yesterday and she couldn't see much on the screen so did a vaginal scan and seen a yolk sack etc and a flicker of a heartbeat. She said I'm very early only about 5-5.5 weeks. Is this too early to see a heartbeat? Could I be further? X

A flickering heartbeat can be visible at 5.5-6 weeks. Your sonographer sounds right on target if that's what she saw.

I thought heartbeat could only be seen at 7weeks at the earliest? It's a possibility you could be further along!x

Heartbeat usually starts around 6 weeks and you can hear it on a doppler at 8 weeks. I would ask you dr!

No Hun heartbeat can be seen from around 5 and a half weeks though some women don't see it till a little later. Sonographer would also go on measurement of sack etc when making a desision on how far along you are so I'd say she more than likely has it correct.

Thomas had a visible heartbeat at 5w4d and he was 2mm long.

Congratulations :)

Thanks guys :) she seemed pretty sure so I'm happy with that. I just thought it couldbt be seen that soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->