• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Could I be pregnant again already?

MamaHen94

Reaction score
I had a miscarriage 6 weeks ago - I was 9 weeks pregnant. I had ultrasounds done throughout it, and the final one confirmed that there was no tissue or anything left in the uterus after the bleeding had stopped. The miscarriage started 7/25 and I went to the ER, and they said my hcg levels had already gone from 9 weeks to 5 weeks within a matter of hours. Well it's 6 weeks later and I haven't had a period since the bleeding stopped, but I've been feeling very tired and nauseous. I took a pregnancy test a couple days ago, and it was positive. I took a second one two days later, and it was still positive. Is there any chance there's just leftover hcg in my system that's giving me a false positive? Or am I for sure pregnant? I doubt that there'd still be any hcg in my system (especially since I was only 9 weeks when I miscarried, and my levels had dropped to 5 weeks in just one day)...but I also don't want to get too excited. Has anyone been through this before? Have any advice/opinions?

Sorry for your loss :hugs:

I have no personal experience but it sounds to me like you're pregnant. How dark were the positives? 6 weeks on from a miscarriage I would expect any hcg from that to be out of your system.

I'd go to the doctor and ask for bloods to be done to check, that's the only way you'll know for sure.

I really hope it's good news for you, best of luck!

This happened to me, and I ended up being sent for a re-scan to make sure there was no tissue left, and lo and behold a baby was there.

I miscarried June 4/5th (at 12weeks6days), ovulated June 30th and got a + HPT on July 13th. I am now 12 weeks pregnant (again!).

I'm guessing you're preggers again! I'd go get your bloods done :)

It happened to my sister last year. It is definitely possible!

Wow, sounds like there's a good chance I really am pregnant! :D Yay! I'm going in or beta testing tomorrow...does anyone know how long it takes to get results?

Hi Mamahen -

I had a D&C on April 17th and didn't get another period until 6 weeks later. :( My cycles were way off and I was still being tested for HCG in my blood 9 weeks later, even after my period. :( I never tried testing ...

From the stories above it is very possible that you are expecting... I sure hope you are... keep us updated. I just went in for a blood draw yesterday and should be hearing back today from them as too what the results were.

I had a mc at 5 ish weeks then had a period earlier than expected, then got pregnant again with this one (fx for a sticky bean) - after birth, mc or abortion the body is super fertile. Congrats!

Congratulations! Sounds like you're pregnant! Same thing happened to me... apparently the body is primed for pregnancy after a miscarriage.

So sorry for your loss.

I had a miscarriage on the 19th Feb 2011 and was pregnant with my little girl a month later so it is definitely possible!

I hope you get the answers you want x

I think there's a good chance. Did you get a negative hpt between the loss and this new BFP? I had a very early loss (4w3d) starting August 3rd, got pregnant, started getting positive tests again August 25th.

Thanks everyone! I had my blood drawn today, so I'm hoping to find out something tomorrow! Oh and also, when I took the 3 pregnancy tests, the "positive" line was way darker than the "control" line, and I read that it means a very high level of HCG was detected...and considering that I couldn't be more than 4-5 weeks at most, a few people have said there's a possibility of maybe twins??

My test line was darker than control by the end of 4 weeks. But my HCG was 15,049 at 5w3d, which seems to be at the very upper limits of the normal range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"