Could I be pregnant and still have bleeding?

minnesotagurl

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am currently TTC my first child and am wondering if some of the symptoms I am having are normal, and whether or not I could be pregnant. My partner and I have being TTC for about a month now. I have been having symptoms such as food cravings & aversions, tender and swollen breasts, fatigue, frequent urination, and some dizziness. I was ovulating the 9th-13th. My period was due on Monday and did not come, but this morning I woke up with cramps and some bleeding. The bleeding was light at first but has now became heavier. I have read having sex can cause bleeding in the first trimester. Is it possible I could still be pregnant? All tests have been negative so far but I'm thinking it may be too early to tell?

Along with the bleeding this morning I have also been having a very upset stomach. My partner and I had sex last night for the first time in about two days, so I'm wondering if the bleeding could be related to that or if I could even be implantation bleeding.

implantation bleeding generally light/ spotting type. Rarely women will have medium almost period like bleeding and still be pregnant but it is rare. If the bleeding doesn't get heavier and ends after 2-3 days take a HPT to be safe but it is unlikely you re pregnant.

Unless you have a positive test, I would probably assume it's your period. Some people do get bleeding during pregnancy, but if it's around the time your period is due, I'd suspect that's what it is first, unless you're getting positive tests. I had some bleeding later in pregnancy, but it was obviously not like a period, and some people do get implantation bleeding, but it's like spotting, not usually red blood. If you are only just coming off the pill or other hormonal contraceptive though, you definitely can have all these symptoms as your body tries to regulate itself. But I would just keep an eye on things and take another test if you aren't sure.

Unless you have a positive test, I would probably assume it's your period. Some people do get bleeding during pregnancy, but if it's around the time your period is due, I'd suspect that's what it is first, unless you're getting positive tests. I had some bleeding later in pregnancy, but it was obviously not like a period, and some people do get implantation bleeding, but it's like spotting, not usually red blood. If you are only just coming off the pill or other hormonal contraceptive though, you definitely can have all these symptoms as your body tries to regulate itself. But I would just keep an eye on things and take another test if you aren't sure.

I was hoping it wasn't my period, but I'm sure you guys are right. Oh well we will continue to try! Thanks for everyone's help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->