Could I be pregnant despite BFNs and abnormal bleeding?

RQ737

Reaction score
Hi y'all!

Sorry this may be a bit long. I'm 27 years old, not on any medications. Two months ago in June, my cycle was late by two weeks. Of course, BFN as usual. When I did finally bleed, I bled for 3 weeks (my cycle usually lasts 4 days at most, is heavy, and is irregular (usually only off by a week each month) due to PCOS). It started off as brown spotting for the first week. The second week was a light period but normal in color. However, I did pass some tissue that week. The third week was heavy but short-lived. Notably, the entire 3 weeks of bleeding, I was not in any pain. ALL of my periods have been very painful and I have also miscarried before and am unfortunately very familiar with the pains of that as well, so I found the painless bleeding odd). The next month - July - I did not have a period. BFNs everywhere again. I have had some nausea here and there but no vomitting, and loss of appetite as well also intermittent. Slight soreness in my breasts too but I haven't noticed any swelling - then again, I do see my own body every day. Outside of that, the only other thing is just that "feeling" that I am pregnant. That "mother's intuition," if you will. I've had that feeling before and it isn't always right. I have been TTC for some time, so I may just be psyching myself out yet again... I have heard though that many women with PCOS have been pregnant but have not shown any (or very little) HCG in their blood or urine when they go to a doctor (which I did get done at the end of May). I know an ultrasound will give me more answers, but as luck would have it, I just moved out-of-state and need to enroll in the benefits package the new job has to offer (takes 2 months to be effective) so I have quite some time until I can go get an ultrasound done. I just want to hear similar stories, opinions, etc. Is it possible that I can be pregnant with all this weird stuff going on?

Thanks!

I have to be honest that I think it's very unlikely you are pregnant. I know there are stories of ladies not being able to get positives on urine tests for various reasons but it is rare. And not getting positives on a blood test is even rarer. I'd be concerned about the bleeding though, as three weeks of bleeding needs investigating. Is there no way you can be checked over sooner?

Thank you for your honesty. Despite hoping for the best, I'm also prepared for the likely reality of it. I cam always go earlier but medical expenses while in between insurances are very high. I feel okay so I don't think it is anything serious. It could have also been caused by the large amounts of stress I've been under due to the move and job change. Of course, I'm always hoping for baby but it seems near impossible without some type of medical intervention...

Don't lose hope. I was ltttc once myself and have many friends with pcos who have gone on to have lovely babies. Will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->