could I be pregnant or is it just a UTI?

PJones

Reaction score
Okay. I am not necessarily trying to conceive but I am not trying to prevent it. My boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex and using the pull-out method which has been working just fine as out primary form of birth control for the past 3 years.

We recently had sex during the time of month where I was fertile ( dec 20th-23rdish) and he pulled out. Everything was fine until 9 days later ( yesterday) I wiped and saw a light pink stain on the toilet paper.

I have gotten UTI's on more than one occasion since becoming sexually active, and suspected that I may be coming on with a mild one. this was due to slight discomfort while urinating and frequently urinating, but when I have gone to the bathroom it has been normal peeing . I haven't peed small amounts like I have in the past with UTI's

My cycle is a typical cycle of 27 days, and has been the same for the past 13 years. I have never experienced spotting before. I have also never experienced bloody urine during a UTI .

I would not have been worried about pregnancy had the bleeding not occurred coincidentally 9 DPO. Bleeding was very light pink .

My period is not due until Jan 5th, so I am waiting to test & see, but will still be taking medicine for the UTI. What do you think? Is it just a coincidence ?

Other symptoms I have had are almost extreme fatigue , slight nausea, sore breast, and mild cramping. ( which I was originally contributing to PMS)

Hey there Pjones. I have been using pullout method for 6 years with no pregnancy. But, after reading lots and lots of articles they all say there is chance.
It could be IB. But, in case you think you are pregnant is it safe to take uti medicine? I would suggest wait and see if you are and then decide to take medicine or not. It could be harmful for fetous.

I heard that it was safe to take it , but im not sure . I decided to drink some cranberry juice and lots of water to be on the safe side though . I'm waiting to test on the 5th! Thanks for your insight !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->