Could I be pregnant? please help

lyssa7

Reaction score
I had a miscarriage just under 6 weeks ago. I was nearly 4 months pregnant and had a d&c. Since then I've been bleeding and haven't stopped. A few weeks ago it went lighter but over the weekend it went really heavy and I had to go up to A&E where they took swabs/bloods and I was booked in for a scan to make sure there wasn't anything left inside me after the operation. I had my scan today and something showed up on the scan that there was something there still. I had unprotected sex with my partner after the miscarriage......could I be pregnant? How soon does an internal scan detect a pregnancy? It hasn't been 21 days since we had unprotected sex so I know it's too early to do a pregnancy test.

I had a miscarriage just under 6 weeks ago. I was nearly 4 months pregnant and had a d&c. Since then I've been bleeding and haven't stopped. A few weeks ago it went lighter but over the weekend it went really heavy and I had to go up to A&E where they took swabs/bloods and I was booked in for a scan to make sure there wasn't anything left inside me after the operation.

- Sorry to hear that.. you are still bleeding as of today?

I had my scan today and something showed up on the scan that there was something there still.

- Did the doctor interpret the scan in the room or did the ultrasound tech make that comment? It *could* be a shadow or artifact

I had unprotected sex with my partner after the miscarriage......could I be pregnant?

- That is always a possibility.

How soon does an internal scan detect a pregnancy?

- The gestational sac usually cannot be fully visualized well until ~6 weeks from last menstrual period (assuming true gestational age is 4 weeks at that point because you're not really pregnant the first 6 weeks of pregnancy). Given that you m/c and have had bleeding, this will be challenging.

It hasn't been 21 days since we had unprotected sex so I know it's too early to do a pregnancy test.

- If you had an egg waiting to be fertilized 21 days ago, you should have a positive pregnancy test as of now. Even if the sperm lived 3-5 days and then you ovulated 14 days ago, you could have a positive now.

The only sure thing to do is ask for a quantitative HCG and be sure a doctor interpreted your ultrasound.
Hope that helps.

Sorry for your loss, I recently experienced one too. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"