Could I be pregnant? Please leave your advice cause I am nervous!

Discussion in 'Two Week Wait' started by rf123, Jun 4, 2011.

1. rf123

rf123 Member

Here are the details. This may be long but I want to make sure I get all the details. I am very scared and would really appreciate you reading this and giving me your advice. I am 19 years old and I am a virgin. And my mind is telling me it's 100% impossible for me to be pregnant. But everything is just not adding up and I need some opinions and help.

I have a boyfriend who had some problems with pre-ejaculation. We were kissing, and he ejaculated. Here's where the impossible part comes it. I was wearing a cotton skirt and underwear but it's very likely my skirt had ridden up from how we were laying. He was wearing underwear and basketball shorts. Now, I know it is near to impossible for sperm to pass through clothes. To my knowledge, the semen would have had to have saturated through all the layers of clothing and have been at the very least in contact with my vagina for pregnancy to even be possible. I am pretty sure that his semen did not come in contact with my vagina and it certainly did not saturate my underwear, I definitely would have noticed that. He got up and changed shorts pretty quickly and it wasn't much semen.

But here's where I get very nervous. It seems like it is impossible for me to be pregnant. However, that was two weeks ago and my last period was at least 5 weeks ago. I started to get nervous last week. However, I have heard stress can delay your period. I started to show signs that my period was going to come a few days ago, like sore breasts. However, it still has not come. And then today I had period-like cramps and some red-ish/pink discharge. I sometimes experience similar discharge a few hours before my period begins. However, I had these cramps and discharge around 2 in the afternoon. It is now 11 at night and no bleeding has started. This has never happened before.

Could I be spotting? Could this be implantation spotting??? I feel silly for even suspecting that I could be pregnant because it seems so impossible. But this is abnormal and I am very, very nervous. If you could leave your knowledge, opinions, or advice I would appreciate it so much.

Thanks. I'm terrified.

2. rf123

rf123 Member

Seriously, any advice at all would be wonderful.

3. Grumblebea

Grumblebea Well-Known Member

Highly doubt it Hun. Had you two been nude or he ejaculated onto your underware, it could be possible but again not likely. I think your period is on her way. I want to say that I think it's great that you are still a virgin and abstaining is the ONLY way to prevent pregnancy. In due time, just be carful. I think you are probably not pregnant. Good luck.

4. shimmerstar

shimmerstar Member

I bet you are stressing out which is delaying your period. In crazy cases like that, I just buy a test. Usually if I take a test, AF comes the next day or later that night.

5. Stash777

Stash777 Mommy to Teagan Noelle

I agree with grumble. From what you've said, it really doesn't seem possible. And the fact that you are stressing about it is enough to delay AF. I normally get sore/tender boobs, nausea, etc right before AF shows. Additionally, the stress could also delay ovulation, which may be why you are just now experiencing these symptoms. :flower:

6. Helen Nisbet

Helen Nisbet Mum of 2 and expecting #3

Huni there is absolutely no way you are pregnant. The symptoms you are experiencing are probably due to the fact that your period is on its way (((hugs)))

7. Tipsy33

Tipsy33 Mummy of a beautiful baby

Take heart from the amount of us on here who are desperate to get pregnant, doing all the right things at the right times and still struggling to get our BFP's.

Getting pregnant isn't that easy!!!

Like the others have said, I'm sure it's just stress delaying your period, but if you are concerned then take a test. It will set your mind at rest.

Take care xxx

8. rf123

rf123 Member

Thanks, everyone. Like I said, I am pretty educated about sex and pregnancy from high school and know it is close to impossible but it's easy to get nervous about it and freak out in my mind. Especially since I am LDS (mormon) and getting pregnant, or even having sex, would devastate my family, so to be in a position where there is even a very remote possibility of pregnancy is very scary. It's great to hear what everyone has to say, so thank you! I will continue to wait and try not to stress and if my period still does not come, I will take a test.

And to everyone who is trying to get pregnant, I wish you the best of luck! Two of my own siblings are struggling are to get pregnant, so I know a little bit of how hard it can be. However, unfortunately for my situation now (but fortunately for if and when I do eventually want children), that's not a sign of my fertility. One of my sisters-in-law is epileptic and her medicine is toxic to fetuses, but if they take her off the medicine it is certain she will have a seizure which will may hurt and kill both her and the baby. My other brother has always participated in extreme sports and may have damaged his "goods", so in vitro may be a possibility for him and his wife.

So basically, that was a long way of saying thank you for caring to write, and good luck to those who are trying to get pregnant!

(you can still leave advice if you'd like, I welcome all of it!!)

9. Natali

Natali Teen mum to twins :)

I have a very regular 28 day cycle and I was due to ovulate on the 22nd May or thereabouts. I had unprotected sex with my partner twice on the 20th May. I have had slight cramping on the 2nd June and the 3rd of June, around 12/13 days after I had unprotected sex. It wasn't consistent and just came and went every couple of hours or so. On the 2nd June, when the cramping was slightly worse, I experienced quite a lot of dizziness, just by standing up etc and I have also felt nauseus the past few days but I haven't actually been sick. I haven't ever had this before in the days before I am due to have a period.

Does this sound like I could be pregnant to you? I will find out tomorrow for definate but I'm just too impatient so I wondered what you guys think?

Thankyou in advance .

10. beccad

beccad June Bugs

You'll have to take a test to find out for definite. Anything we'll say will just be guesswork.

11. taylorxx

taylorxx Well-Known Member

Highly doubt it hun. Chances are you ovulated later than usual which would explain the late period. It can happen, sometimes for no reason. Stress is probably delaying it a little as well. If you want to take a test to ease your mind then do it. Pregnancy symptoms are very similar to period symptoms because of progesterone. Try not to worry, good luck to you xx