Could I be?!!

My advice for you is do not get back together for the sake of the baby. I got pregnant with my son on the pill and his dad (the one I told over breakfast) really was only meant to be a one night fling. Don't judge, I was 20 and wasn't ready to settle down and have kids at the time as it wasn't what I thought was for me. Anyway after find out I was pregnant we tried to make it work. He had many faults as he couldn't even do basic DIY jobs and that in my book is basic stuff. So we tried for just over 2 years before we called it. My son was so unhappy for a while after his dad moved out it broke my heart. However, he did get over it and favours me over his dad as his dad got married to a new woman who he isn't thrilled on. He likes my OH as they mess around on computers together.

Your situation is very different though. You both still love each other. I'd take it slow and try dating for a while. Remember hormones aren't going to be your best friend right now and he might not like this temporary new you. Just be careful is all I'm saying and if it was meant to be it will be regardless of time scale.

Thank you for your advice! And I completely understand. I don't want to rush into anything. He wants to move into a new house ASAP and become a couple like we used to be but we are taking it slow. I know he loved me all along. He can be very nasty with his words at times but I need time to forgive him for the things he initially said before realising it's what he wants too.
Thank you again :)

I am so happy to hear he has come to his senses, but do be careful, if you take him back too easily and without proof he has stopped his weekend party antics he could easily slip into it all again when you are together and comfortable again. Play it right - i.e. make him wait till he's proved himself to you and you may well get the true man back for good, I think you will. Hope you keep in touch and let us know how you are going, best of luck! xx

I think if you just keep talking to him, explaining that you need to see evidence of change before you can recommit, then he will not lose heart but stay motivated to show you. Just keep telling him you'd rather be alone and stable than in a messy relationship for the sake of yourself and your baby but you want to be with him if he sorts his self out and proves to you he can stay that way. You probably have the most power to push for positive change now than you ever have had or will again, so use it for good changes. Stay strong! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->