Could I get some advice? (OFFICIALLY TTC NEXT CYCLE!)

Gohan3117

TTC #1 After 2 MC's
Reaction score
I originally posted this in TTC #1, but it seems like no one is ever on that part of the forum, so I thought I'd come here for advice. I hope that's okay, Admins and Mods! :thumbup:

DH and I talked for a long time a couple nights ago, and we both decided we are in a good place financially, physically and emotionally to try to conceive again. After two MC's during NTNP, we had a hard time for awhile and avoided the subject completely, but now we think its time for us to really go for it! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

So, I am CD29 and this next cycle will be TTC #1 Cycle #1! I'm so excited! I've got a list of things I want to ask you ladies about. I know I need to get some things for TTC, so I want to ask your opinions on brands, where to buy, etc.

Basal Body Thermometer - Which brand is best/most accurate?

Male Fertility Aids - What do you all think is the best Fertility Aid for a man?

Pre-seed - Is it necessary? I have no problems with lubrication, so is Pre-seed absolutely necessary?

Herbs/oils/vitamins for me - What do you ladies suggest I use to support my fertility health? I take a Pre-natal everyday, plus folic acid, but what do you ladies think I need to add for the best chance?

OPKs - I always bought them on Amazon, and they always worked fine for me. Is that alright? Or do I need to actually buy CB OPKs?

Sex tips/tricks - Do you ladies have any advice on best positions, times of day/night, how many times to BD during fertile window, etc?

Also, feel free to add any advice on other areas. I'm not "new" to this, but it'd be nice to have as much information as possible! :thumbup:

Also, I wanted to add that my Doc has put me on a progesterone supplement. The last several times I've had bloodwork done around my predicted ovulation time, my progesterone levels have been almost undetectable, so I'm going to be taking Progesterone pills from CD15 to CD30. Just wanted to throw that bit of information out there!

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice! So pumped to really start TTC! :happydance:

hi im pretty new to this myself so what im using might not be best options but thought id share , i got my basal therometer with my ovulation and pregnancy tests i dont know how good it is or isnt has i havent temped with it yet it was pack set on ebay .

i think if you didnt have problem with opks you used before contintue with those ,if they work the same way more expensive brand would why not save yourself some money,if not i hear clearblue are really good

vitamins for me and oh were taking pregnacare for him and her ,reason is on box it said its number 1 recommended by midwifes and looking at whats in each tablet looked good .

read best postion is missionary ,or anything that doesnt go agaisnt gravity more chance of more sperm actually staying where it needs to that way,also laying for shortwhile after not cleaning up too soon helps , and every 2-3 days this gives sperm chance to mature and have good load before intercourse again ,i personally wouldnt have it everyday ,and i dont believe time in day makes any difference but like say im new ttc so could be wrong

Thanks for the advice, hon! I really appreciate your advice!

Does anybody else have any advice they can give me? Even just a small post would be great. :)

I don't know much about opks or thermometers. I've heard the eBay opks should be OK but maybe someone else knows :)

I know it's hard but try to relax. I've been pregnant 4 times, 2 healthy kids and 2 angels. Anytime we have gotten pregnant, we dtd a LOT and although I looked for signs of ovulation and tried to be sure we dtd around that time, we didn't do anything differently tbh. I've heard missionary position too to better chances. Our second baby, I will say, we weren't really trying for. We used condoms all but one time and I told my dh that time "I will tell you I'm ovulating" and he said that was fine and boom.. Baby. I was on top that time lol so definitely do things to help your chances but try to relax and have fun with your dh during the process. :)

From what I've heard, preseed is great if you don't have much ewcm during your fertile time. It basically works the same as ewcm. I take fish oil/omega 3 and it has given me way more ewcm and it's cheaper :) green tea is also said to help out in that area and I tend to always have iced green tea in the refrigerator I make and drink constantly.

So I hear a lot I guess :haha: but I've also heard every other day during fertile period in some places but have also heard every day in that period. Bding a lot when more fertile has seemed to work for us but it's different for everyone.

I'd also say that staying active and exercising in some way not only passes the time but helped me relax and stress less the times we were actually trying. Also is good to keep healthy :)

I hope this helps even a little bit. Good luck to you!!! I hope to see you with your bfp soon!

Thanks so much hon! I appreciate you taking the time to reply! I didn't know that that's what Preseed did! Thanks a bunch for that info! I had no idea that fish oil helped with producing EWCM. I'll have to buy some! :thumbup: Thanks so much for posting. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->