Could it be an intolerance to dairy?

KatBar

~Lucky mumma of 2 boys + girl on the way~
Reaction score
Hi,
So my 5.5 week old has been on NAN Comfort since her first week of life (the first week I was mixed feeding with expressed breast milk, then straight formula fed from 1 week old).
She's always had sloopy poops on the formula, but not watery. She usually goes once a day, maybe twice at most. She's also been on losec twice a day since 2 weeks old.

Anyway, for the last 2 (maybe bordering on 3) days she has been having watery runny poops. Her frequency is still 1 to 2 times a day (although she's doing skiddies as well when she farts). She's still happy enough, feeding well and gaining good weight. The runny poops don't smell or have any bad odor, and there is no mucus in it. The colour is the normal brown formula poop colour.

Do you think this could just be random, or a sign of some intolerance??
I just don't get why now, when she has been on the same stuff (losec and formula) for weeks and weeks - and they say typically intolerance or allergy start showing up after 1 week.
I'm going to take her to my GP, but can't get in for a week. I also feel like because she's happy and gaining weight, they'll dismiss it as nothing.

Any experience or advice appreciated!!

Both my DS and DD2 have/had a milk allergy . DD2 went undiagnosed until she was 1 . Main symptoms I noticed between them

Bad smelling gas
Constipation / diarrhoea
Blood in stool
Mucus in stool
Reflux
Rash around mouth
Eczema DD1 had the same patch appear everytime she had dairy .

I must add DD2 was gaining weight fine and has since outgrown hers. DS on the other hand is much more sensitive to dairy and his issues were more severe from birth , he still cannot have cows milk or a DF alternative so he’s
Still on prescription formula .

Its worth getting her checked over to reassure you , she may just have a little tummy bug xx

Both my DS and DD2 have/had a milk allergy . DD2 went undiagnosed until she was 1 . Main symptoms I noticed between them

Bad smelling gas
Constipation / diarrhoea
Blood in stool
Mucus in stool
Reflux
Rash around mouth
Eczema DD1 had the same patch appear everytime she had dairy .

I must add DD2 was gaining weight fine and has since outgrown hers. DS on the other hand is much more sensitive to dairy and his issues were more severe from birth , he still cannot have cows milk or a DF alternative so he’s
Still on prescription formula .

Its worth getting her checked over to reassure you , she may just have a little tummy bug xx

Thanks for the response! X

She doesn't really have any of those issues except for the recent runny/diarrhoea poop.
Guess I'll wait and see what the doc thinks.. Hopefully it's just a passing thing.

Hopefully it’s just more of a stomach bug but definitely something to keep an eye on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->