Could it be his milk?

LuluBee

Mummy to Alex
Reaction score
Alex has always been a really good baby, he's never been one to scream or cry much and when he did it was always for an obvious reason - often that he was tired and as soon as i put his dummy in he'd drop off to sleep. the last couple of days he's changed and now will just scream his little heart out for no apparent reason, and nothing seems to soothe him. he hasn't got a temperature, he's not hungry and he will sometimes sleep afterwards but not always. the only thing i can think of is that i've changed over to hungry baby milk and it's possibly not agreeing with him - although he's not constipated?????????? help, my only other thinking - but it's very early is that he might be starting to teethe???????

any advice would be greatly appreciated

thers nothing to worry about Amelia goes through stages like this it could be the teeth moving under the gums or even just a growth spurt but if you start to get really concerned then take him the doctors mainly just for your peace of mind.

Yer maybe he is teething as there isn't a set age. Or like the other lady said he may be having a growth spurt, or he may not agree with the milk, have you tried reverting back to see if it is that? Dunno if you can do that though. I hope he gets better

Hi hun, i would put money on it been the hungry baby formula i only say that because we had the exact thing happen to us.Patrick went from been a lovely content baby to been awful when we put him on hungry baby formula.He would scream through been winded and scream during after and between feeds for no apparent reason. We tried everything, calpol, gripe water,infacol etc etc...we thought he had reflux or colic...so we took him to hv and she asked loadsa questions and the very last thing she asked was what formula was he on? We said Aptamil2 and she just said "Theres your problem, hungry baby formula just sits far too heavy in some babies tummy and causes them cramps and griping pains" so we changed back to normal milk and he was back to normal in a day :) So.......in a very long winded way ive just said i think its the milk lol good luck xxx

I'd try swapping the milk back see if it makes a difference.:hug:

thanks it's aptamil 2 that he's on. i've already done one feed with the normal formula so we'll see how he goes - fingers crossed!

Hi hun, i would put money on it been the hungry baby formula i only say that because we had the exact thing happen to us.Patrick went from been a lovely content baby to been awful when we put him on hungry baby formula.He would scream through been winded and scream during after and between feeds for no apparent reason. We tried everything, calpol, gripe water,infacol etc etc...we thought he had reflux or colic...so we took him to hv and she asked loadsa questions and the very last thing she asked was what formula was he on? We said Aptamil2 and she just said "Theres your problem, hungry baby formula just sits far too heavy in some babies tummy and causes them cramps and griping pains" so we changed back to normal milk and he was back to normal in a day :) So.......in a very long winded way ive just said i think its the milk lol good luck xxx

That is interesting, I may be going onto SMA white soon, so will keep an eye out for that.

Thanks everyone, I think the problem might actually be teething he's been no better on the normal milk (although i'm going to keep him on it - because I don't think now that he was unsettled because he was too hungry), but he's got quite a few teething problems and a good rub of ambesol on his gums has really quietened him down.

He's only 11 weeks old though so I think we've got a long journey ahead of us!

hi if he os teething he will be trying to gum everything you give give some red dry cheeks ans dribble (eewwww )all over the place.. try rubbing his gums they may be itchy !!

Jayden went through this when I put him onto Aptamil hungrier baby milk just for his night feeds, I started giving him some boiled water inbetween feeds, this helped calm his tummy and stopped him becoming constipated, he has now got used to the milk and is fine and doesnt tend to have as much water, when he needs it I will putting his day feeds onto hungrier milk aswell and giving water aswell to help adjust

He could be teething though, they can teeth for months and months before any teeth start actually coming through, hope he settles soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->