Could it be PCOS?

MKaykes

Reaction score
Hey ladies, looking for some feedback before I make a doc appt. I may just be grasping for answers rather than being patient. TTC# 1 since Jan 2015. I'm wondering if I could have PCOS, my niece was diagnosed several months ago and my sis mentioned it to me as I have some symptoms.

I've got the excessive hair growth, been waxing my chin an upper lip since I was about 10. I had acne until starting bcp at 18, hasn't come back though since going off bcp in Jan. I've always had regular periods, around 30 day cycles, but prior to bcp flow was very heavy and over a week long. This, like the acne got better with bcp and since off have had lighter flow than when on bcp, but still regular avg of 30 day cycles. I've been doing opk, and my test strips are always equal lines, but do have 1-2 days of darker test lines...so I feel like I have constant high lh levels, but still a surge. I've only been temping now into a 2nd cycle, did have a 1/2 degree spike last month, and hoping to see that again in the next couple days this cycle.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

I would say that's certainly enough to warrant looking into it with a doctor. My PCOS was diagnosed through external observations, period history, ultrasound of ovaries, and blood tests. Some women with PCOS have more symptoms, some have less, so it's not terribly easy to self-diagnose.

In the end, even though it does affect fertility, PCOS is an endocrine disorder. FXed that you don't have it but that you get a helpful doctor who can provide more answers for you.

I agree with the PP. I would get it checked out for peace of mind. There shouldn't be too many invasive tests, probably nothing more than you'd get while you're pregnant, and if you've been having trouble getting pregnant, that alone should warrant a visit to your doctor. They may have to put you on clomid if you're having trouble ovulating. I've speculated I have PCOS because my periods, though regular, were heavy, painful and my ovulation was all over the place (found this out from opks) but I've never actually had a proper diagnosis of it. I've had ultrasounds while I was pregnant show that I do get a lot of cysts around my ovaries.

You should go to see a doctor and run for a test. This is the only way to check whether it is certain you having PCOS. However, I found something about PCOS, maybe you can look into it, hopes this would help.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
TTC Story: From PCOS Infertility to Adoption & Pregnancy I
What is PCOS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583