Could it have happened again?

S

sophster

Hi

As you may or may not know; I was diagnosed with an MMC at the end of September; and the miscarriage happened pretty much within 24 hours although it took 4 weeks to get the all clear for retained 'products' and then my period returned 2 weeks after that. Although I normally used to have incredibly long cycles 60 or 70 days; I was hoping that my cycles would return to semi-normal after the miscarriage and I was pleased when I started spotting on Wednesday as it was about cycle day 35 but it was very bright red spotting not the usual brownish menstrual blood and kept stopping and starting. My husband and I have been NTNP and decided not to test early so I had no idea if I was pregnant or not; I was spotting on and off until last night when things started to get scarily heavy; not as heavy as the miscarriage but a lot heavier than any period I have had; even those I have had after many months of not having one. I also got that familiar pressure pain that I had when miscarrying and when I felt down my cervix was extremely low and open which does not happen when I menstruate; to that extent. If I was pregnant the most I'd be is 5.5 weeks. Throughout today I've been getting 'pushing' feelings and when I pushed quite a lot of bright red blood; and clots was coming out although the clots mostly seemed just like blood and not actual flesh, and I've been getting terrible cramps including in my legs; that were worse than with the miscarriage in September but have eased off now. I've been soaking pads every couple of hours; which even with a heavy period for me; is excessive. In a way I'm in denial but I am seriously thinking, could it have happened again? Is this another miscarriage?

Soph

can't say if you have miscarried. but i lost bean and sounds very similar to what i went through. i don't know what to suggest really but i contacted my epu direct and they did a scan and a blood test to confirm i was losing bean. maybe they could help to confirm you was pg or not??? thats if thats what you want?? if you need to chat pm me anytime xxxxxxxx

Hi

thanks so much for your answer and support; I thought about doing that but then again I didn't know if I was pregnant or not for sure and the most I could have been is 5.5 weeks but could have been just about 4 weeks as well; as I had ovulation signs several times this month. I'm also thinking its possible my hormones are just more screwed up than usual from the earlier miscarriage, or perhaps the super heavy period some get as their first after the miscarriage just ended up being the second after the miscarriage. Its so confusing I almost wish I HAD tested early. My hubby is working tonight so won't be able to send him out for a pregnancy test to see if it does come up at all positive. I think I'll just leave it as a 'suspected' miscarriage but if the bleeding gets too much or the cramping I will definitely contact the local EPAU, well the one near my old house; haven't heard great things about the one at the nearest hospital here. We just moved recently so that complicates matters further; still have to change our GP but we're having trouble getting our phone line sorted out and the earliest they said they'd send an engineer is the 21st and sorting out these things is reliant on having a 'proper' phone; grrr.

Soph x

Hmmm it's hard to know exactly what is going on there Soph. It could possibly be an exceptionally heavy AF as I have read that some people have said their first few after a MC have been different than before and a lot heavier/more painful.

Maybe it would be worth trying to get hold of a HPT to see if it comes up postive at all as at least then it might give you a bit more of an idea of whether this was another mc.

It is so sh*t that not only do we have to go through the mc itself but then all this crap that goes on afterwards with our bodies too. Sending you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"