Could these be UTI symptoms?

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I have a UTI. It doesn't hurt me to pee but when I need to go, and after I've been, I get really bad cramps in my lower stomach.
I've also been having a lot of lower back pain and in my sides, put it down to stretching.
I've been feeling really weak and shaky, may be unrelated but I've not felt like it before. My sister is diabetic so I checked my blood sugar levels and they are fine so it's not that.
I mentioned it all to my mum today and she said it could be a UTI. I never sent my urine sample off after my booking appointment at home at 6 weeks because I lost the canister thing and couldn't be bothered to go to the doctors to get another, so my urine hasn't been checked at all yet.
I haven't got a number for my midwife so not sure what I need to do!
Does it sound like it could be symptoms of a UTI or just a bunch of random pregnancy shittiness put together?

Sounds like pregnancy to me - haha. But if you're concerned it might be a UTI, drink up a ton of water and see if that helps.

I always get crampy if my bladder is full, and I've had this symptom with all of my pregnancies. Low back pain usually starts at around 9 weeks along because your uterus is growing like crazy. Pain, especially sharp pain, on the sides of your pelvis is probably stretching. The shakiness and weakness is normal to start at this stage because our blood volume is increasing rapidly. I have all of these symptoms, at the moment.

Sounds like pregnancy to me - haha. But if you're concerned it might be a UTI, drink up a ton of water and see if that helps.

I always get crampy if my bladder is full, and I've had this symptom with all of my pregnancies. Low back pain usually starts at around 9 weeks along because your uterus is growing like crazy. Pain, especially sharp pain, on the sides of your pelvis is probably stretching. The shakiness and weakness is normal to start at this stage because our blood volume is increasing rapidly. I have all of these symptoms, at the moment.

I thought so :haha:
I'm feeling so sorry for myself lately! Sickness is really getting to me and then all this on top I just feel like I need shooting lol!
Roll on 2nd tri it's bound to be better right? I didn't even notice I was pregnant most of the time with ds, it was so easy!
Not this time. This baby doesn't like me lol :shrug:

It does sound like it could be normal pregnancy symptoms, but I'd go to the doc and get your urine checked anyway, because UTIs can end up being so horrible (even dangerous) if you don't treat them sharpish

I've had severa UTIs, they usually have that tell tale burning when you wee thing, but not always. I was once hospitalised for a kidney infection and it didn't actually burn when I went to the toilet until it was really bad and at that pint I had blood in my urine. I had very bad back ache and felt utterly dreadful for quite a while before that though.
In my last pregnancy I was told I had a UTI despite having no symptoms at all.

Sorry not helpful, but as other said, it could be, or it could just be pregnancy but I agree that you should get checked out.

I would get a urine test for peace of mind. In my experience they test it then and there, with a dip stick test to see if there is any microscopic blood in your urine. I've heard uti's can be hard to diagnose in pregnancy and the last thing you want is a kidney infection. Could be just pregnancy joys, but with lower side back pain, it's probably worth testing. 😀

Better to get it checked so you have one less thing to worry about!!

Sounds like usual pregnancy, although it's good to get checked for a UTI because they can complicate quickly and that really bites.

For what it's worth, every time I've been pregnant right before the bfp I feel like a UTI is coming on and the urine test will show barely anything - enough wbc to make the dr say an infection may be brewing but not enough for me to want antibiotics. Our bodies are weird :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->