Could this be it ? 40+4 wks

charliemidge

Reaction score
Hi all

I am 40+4 wks and Im looking for some advice .. this morning i was watching tv (10:15am) and felt a popping sensation and then a sudden urge to rush to the toilet .. i went to the toilet and then noticed that there was blood in the toilet (sorry if TMI) and when i wiped there was a thick bloody mucus .. im assuming this was my "Bloody show" :thumbup:

Since then i have had bleeding everytime i have been to the toilet and i have also had really strong period type cramps really low down under my bump that have gone on for most of the day at one point being 15 mins apart but now they have calmed down a little.

Does this mean that labour is close ? :happydance:
i have not contacted my midwife yet as i wanted to see how the day panned out and how things progressed.

This is my second child but i had nothing like this with my first - my contractions hit hard and fast (nothing like period cramps) with my first and he was born within 4hrs.

Thanks for reading

could be a sign but i would ring labour ward and go an get checked out to be on the safe side, esp if you have blood when you wipe

good luck :thumbup:

it sounds like you have bled quite a bit so just because of that i would call the labour ward and explain to them. They will probably have you go in to be checked xx

Hi ya, def just get it checked out if there's blood!! Good luck though snds like your on your way!!!! Fx'ed :baby:

Have nothing to say other than what the other ladies have already said but I wanted to say good luck!!!!!

Good luck! If you are just spotting you should be fine but a phone call wouldn't hurt. To get your labour going start baking or making meals to freeze. All the standing and walking will help move things along. I know this sounds weird but when I went into labour with my 2nd I had been told to roll my nipples (sorry TMI) between my fingers and that releases oxytocin and brought on strong labour, he was born in 3 hours from first contraction(that I noticed). It really worked. But you must be consistent with nipple stimulation. It works if you are overdue and want to bring on labour too. Hopefully you will have your babe very soon.

Have nothing to say other than what the other ladies have already said but I wanted to say good luck!!!!!

As has already been said go in and see what hospital says i would be concerned about the blood everytime you go to the loo x

UPDATE :

Thanks all.. Well i went to the hospital and contractions were really regular at 10 mins apart.. i had swobs taken and an internal to check the reason for the blood and was given the all clear (very bloody show plus some tearing of my cervix but nothing to worry about) fetal heart beat plus contractions monitored for several hours throughout the night but contractions didnt progress so i was sent home at 03:30am this morning and told that its just a waiting game .. i have still had contractions throughout today but not progressing enough to be taken back in... im so tired ! :-(

Midwife is visiting tomorrow and hopefully i can discuss the possibility of an induction.

This little madam is going to make me suffer - her brother only took 4hrs to make his mark on the world from the first twinge to holding him !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->