Could this be labour for me too??

elmaxie

Mummy to Nathan & Hannah.
Reaction score
This might sound silly but could this be labour.....and contraction timings...

Well I was woke at half four thismorning by the worst period type pain I have to admit I have ever felt...I was more annoyed at being woke up aso looked at my phone to see the time...it was only when I got another about 15 mins later that I thought hmmm could this be? They only last for about 20-30 seconds sometimes not even that long.

But since 04:30 ish I have had them from every 10 mins to 25 mins so not very regular at all but still potentially a start maybe?

I decided not to say anything to OH as he doesnt work far from home at all and he is a panicer so I pretended to sleep when he got up and let him get away to work (that was at 6am) I have said to him now so he can say to his boss since they are still happening (the pains) "just incase" but I am so paranoid they will stop sooooo I will have to see what happends now.

And the most embarrassing thing is I cannot for the life of me rememeber when I was to call the hospital if they get mroe frequent?

Do the get longer and closer together if its "real" contractions?:blush:

Gosh its all just gone from my head. Fingers crossed he is making his own way out as I am due for induction on Sunday otherwise.

:hugs:

Emma.xx

ummm.. are u having 4-6 every hour? They do get longer and closer if its true labor.. wow women.. u need to call the doc or hospital.. never hurts to ask.. has ur water broke or has ur mucas plug come out yet? Keep me updated.

Ohhhhhh i hope this is it for you hun. Different hospitals say different times but i would say every 5 mins then go in. Good luck!! xx

I just dont think they are too bad and since they arent very regular I didnt know if they counted.

My waters havent broken(I would love that so I would know for sure!) I thought I might have lost a bit of plug a few days back as it was cloudy white and stringish Sorry TMI but not alot so figured it was most likely cm.

Also when I just went for a pee there the tissue looked a bit browny like maybe you were going to start your period type looking not red blood or loads just browny looking wattery discharge...so maybe my plug is coming away.

Will keep an eye and call at 9am if they are still coming or the discharge is still there.

Am just hoping this is it. There should be a button to light up saying if your in labour or not:rofl:

Emma.xx

lol yea i agree.. good luck hun.. but seriously keep me updated :)

A labour light would be brilliant lol!!

Sounds like the stringy stuff might have been bits of your plug, thats what i have been getting and when i described it to my MW she said it was my plug.

Keep us updated sweetie xx

Sounds like it could have been your plug if it was brown.

I hope this is it for you but I've been having the exact same thing for 3 nights in a row... goes on for hours (like 7-8 hours) and then just stops :hissy:

I get them regular tho - some nights at 15mins apart and last night was 30.
I hope this is the real deal for you tho, keep us updated!! xxx

Hope this is the start of it for you hun. I lost my plug yesterday morning and had pains all day yesterday, woke up this morning and they have gone now ... xx

hope this is it for you xx

Good luck!

Are they more painful when you walk around?

Keep eating & moving so they dont fizzle out.

Well a little update....

They are still every 15 minutes like clockwork. Dont seem to get any stronger. Have been laying in bed dozing for the last couple of hours between them.

Am up now and I dont know if they are worse when walking around or being on my ball but definately more pressure there.

I have had the browny discharge and was told its probably my plug coming away but just been to the loo and its now a very pale light pinky watery colour now. Just like a very very light period so after my lunch I will call the unit and see what they think....they will know me off by heart by the end of the day!

Emma.xx

Ohh Emma I am so excited for you. I hope this is it and your wee man will be with you soon x

Hope you get on okay when you go into the hospital.

Claire x

Sounds like the bloody show?
Sounding good tho! Keep us updated xx

Oooo sweetie sounds like it could be it for you. I am hoping! We are almost due same day, I so wish I had that kind of progress :( My babies and my body is so stubborn GRRR

Hugsss

ooo good luck hun!! hope this is 'it' :D let us know how it goes!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks ladies...

I stopped timing my pains as I could practically set my clock by them every 13, 15 or 17 minutes...cant believe this has been going on since 04:30am thats 11 hours! Not like in the movies or on TV at all:rofl:

but I think I should start again as they are getting a bit worse so am off for a bath to see if it helps any.

Emmaxx

Its all sounding good sweetie. I hope everything goes well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"