Could this be sleep regression or coz we've put him in his own room?

ILoveShoes

Reaction score
... or both?! Or teething?!
DS has been sleeping through for about 2 months now (7:30pm - 7:30am).
We put him in his own room for the first time last night; he went down fine, but woke between 4am and 6am and wouldn't settle.
He went down at 7pm tonight, and we've been up 3 times with him so far. I've just given him some calpol coz his cheeks are bright red, I thought it might be his teeth? He's not too hot.
What do you think, ladies? He's not himself at all.
xx

Red cheeks does sounds like teething, my LO has very broken sleep each time a new tooth comes through. It could be a combination of that and new surroundings - just stick with your same routine and hopefully he'll settle back into his normal pattern x

Red cheeks does sounds like teething, my LO has very broken sleep each time a new tooth comes through. It could be a combination of that and new surroundings - just stick with your same routine and hopefully he'll settle back into his normal pattern x

Yeah, I'm trying to keep his bedtime routine the same, so it doesn't disrupt him too much.
He's been really 'drool-y' for about a month now and he always has his hand in his mouth too. I've ordered him an Amber teething necklace. Hopefully, it'll arrive tomorrow...
xx

we put LO in her own room 2 weeks ago and since then she's slept through 3 times!

i don't know, i'm convinced she's colder - but we crank the heating up and that doesn't make a difference.

she goes down about 9.30 and is up at 5am whereas she was sleeping till 7.30 before that! (i am not taking kindly to this!)

i'm convinced its cos she's in her own room - but can't really decide why! she takes a full bottle when she wake at 5! i'm beginning to think she needs food, but i'm trying to put it off!

i know this post isn't much help but you're not alone! DH is away tonight so i should be in bed seeing as i'm up at 5, but can't resist surfing the web!!!
x

we are having the same problem matthew was sleeping 7.30 till 6am we put him in his own room 2 weeks ago and now he wakes 3 times a night its killing us matthew falls asleep in my arms downstairs first so i dont think the fact hes in his own room makes a diff. he is 5 months also. he wakes really happy though woud they do that if they were teething?

we are having the same problem matthew was sleeping 7.30 till 6am we put him in his own room 2 weeks ago and now he wakes 3 times a night its killing us matthew falls asleep in my arms downstairs first so i dont think the fact hes in his own room makes a diff. he is 5 months also. he wakes really happy though woud they do that if they were teething?

:hugs:

I'm no expert but would it be possible to try getting him to settle awake in his room? Its just that if he is falling asleep in your arms downstairs and then put into his own room when he wakes its unfamiliar to him whereas if he goes down awake if he wakes up it might not be such a fright for him and it may help him to self settle.

The only reason I say this is because although Aria still sleeps in our room, i've noticed if I put her down awake, it might take 5/10 mins extra soothing to get her to sleep but she actually sleep for longer than if I let her fall asleep on me.

To OP...it does sound like he's teething. I know thats not much help though. It might be a good thing to get the 2 out of the way at the same time, so at least he is getting used to his own room (not much good for you I know).

xxx

Thanks, everyone.
I do think it's teething now, I think! One of his cheeks is bright red again this morning...! Oh joy of joys!! :(. I've been dreading him teething since he was born!
xx

:hugs:

I'm no expert but would it be possible to try getting him to settle awake in his room? Its just that if he is falling asleep in your arms downstairs and then put into his own room when he wakes its unfamiliar to him whereas if he goes down awake if he wakes up it might not be such a fright for him and it may help him to self settle.

The only reason I say this is because although Aria still sleeps in our room, i've noticed if I put her down awake, it might take 5/10 mins extra soothing to get her to sleep but she actually sleep for longer than if I let her fall asleep on me.

To OP...it does sound like he's teething. I know thats not much help though. It might be a good thing to get the 2 out of the way at the same time, so at least he is getting used to his own room (not much good for you I know).

xxx

hi we have tried but he is a really hysterical baby 90% of time he is awake he screams (we just waiting to see pediatrician in 2 weeks) as soon as we put him down he gets so worked up screaming till we pik him up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->