could this be why?

Discussion in 'Teenage Parenting' started by unconditional, Nov 20, 2011.

1. unconditional

unconditional Well-Known Member

when my daughter was about 3 weeks old, she had to receive a spinal tap:nope: (bless her) she was really sick; she had meningitis.. now i'm wondering, since when she sits, she can't tolerate it for too long and starts to cry.. could this be why? i hear people who have received epidurals that had back pain consistently after, and i'm wondering if this could be why she doesn't like to sit for a while?

2. Hotbump

Hotbump SAHM, student, & wife :)

I would think that might have something to do with it, best bet is to call her dr :hugs: poor baby

3. AirForceWife7

AirForceWife7 Mama to Brenna.

I had an epidural, and I have had chronic pain at the site from time to time. Whenever I sit for periods of time, that area KILLS me to the point I have to stand up or adjust my position. Definitely arrange to see your doctor & go from there, I hope she is okay :hugs:
    I will definitely NOT be receiving the epidural next time around; I've had so many problems with it :flow:

x

4. Mei190

Mei190 Well-Known Member

See the doctor and they should look into it further for you.

I had an epidural, but have had no pain from it's site at all.

5. lizardbreath

lizardbreath Guest

I'm not sure it could be . Kat had 4 and she hates laying down has since birth. But I would go look into it

6. divershona

divershona Mummy to Kaya :)

i had a spinal tap when i was 11 and a spinal block after Kaya was born to be stitched up and ever since having the spinal tap when i was 11 i've always found it incomfortable to sit for longer than about half an hour (and thats pushing it!!!) i constantly have to get up and do something so move my back and its got worse since i had the spinal block for the stitches.

best bet would be to go and see your dr although i don't know what good it will do as i've been to see mine numerous times and all i've been given is anti-inflamatory drugs, which don't help me.

keep us updated :D

7. we can't wait

we can't wait Mom of 4

That could be a reason. :nope:

Arrange to see a doctor about it... maybe there are some things they could do to help.
    I hope Tiara's back starts getting better soon. :flow:

8. QuintinsMommy

QuintinsMommy Well-Known Member

I would go see her doctor
    it took like about a year after my epi till my back felt 100% better