Could too much be harmfull???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by natasja32, Jan 26, 2011.

1. natasja32

natasja32 Mum to 4 boys

I have this insane craving for orange juice.Ive already had two pint glasses in the last hour...its the only thing that doesnt seem to make my sickness worse. Do you think to much could be harmfull??:shrug:

2. magicbubble

magicbubble Well-Known Member

might give you the trots but apart from that i shouldnt have thought it could do much harm - but im no nutritionalist :) x

3. ClaireMuir123

ClaireMuir123 Mummy to Jayden and Ava

I don't think it'll do much damage but maybe slow it down a bit? Lol, I know what it's like though. Oh you've put me in the mood for orange juice now..... lol xxx

4. magicbubble

magicbubble Well-Known Member

i really want apples after sniffing my apple shampoo yesterday, im not even a raw fruit fan

5. bellexx

bellexx Well-Known Member

I found this from an article:

"Yes, although it's prudent not to take mega-doses of vitamin C when you're pregnant. Some studies show that taking too much vitamin C in the form of supplements during pregnancy may increase the risk of preterm birth, and there are rare reports of babies born with scurvy (a severe vitamin C deficiency) to expectant moms who took vitamin C supplements. Excessive vitamin C can also upset your stomach."

Read more here :) https://www.babycenter.com/406_is-it-safe-to-take-vitamin-c-during-pregnancy_1246889.bc

I think you would probably have to drink a LOT of orange juice to intake excessive amounts though.

6. ClaireMuir123

*sitting drinking a glass of orange juice now*.... thanks hehe. Don't know why, bloody stuff gives me trapped wind lol xxx

7. natasja32

natasja32 Mum to 4 boys

Thanks for all the replies girls....ive been a little constipated too so it will def help with that.:blush: I cant stomach anything else to drink at the moment...so im sticking to water and orange juice...

8. natasja32

natasja32 Mum to 4 boys

:haha::haha: I get heartburn from it,but just cant stop drinking it! Bottoms up! :thumbup:

9. ClaireMuir123

Cheers! lol xxx

10. Leanne09

Leanne09 Mum of 2 boys x

I'm the same!! Keep fancying orange juice and eating silly amounts of tangerines!! My Oh says baby will come out orange if I keep on lol xx

11. Blzgak

Blzgak Well-Known Member

I think it's perfectly fine! I was craving OJ too like no other. I've noticed that they put calcium and vitamins in it nowadays, so how could that be bad? Oh and an old wives tale says that if you crave citrus you're having a girl! :p haha who knows how legit that is, but I can hope! :pink:

12. natasja32

natasja32 Mum to 4 boys

:haha:Baby will be tangod!:haha:

13. ashley2pink

ashley2pink Mom to 4 girls

You are fine. You shouldnt have more than 2,000 mg during pregnancy which would equal about at least 20 8oz. servings of OJ a day! If you do have a lot of vit c, then all you are doing is strengthening your membranes!! I actually took an extra 200-500 mg vit c in my last pregnancy along with eating oranges and drinking orange juice, because my 1st pregnancy my membranes ruptured(water broke) 5.5 wks early. So unless you are drinking more than a gallon of orange juice a day, you are fine!
    I went full term with my 2nd and I think extra vitamin c along with a couple other vitamins helped!

14. natasja32

natasja32 Mum to 4 boys

Well you never know! Ive never craved OJ with any of my boys! :thumbup:

15. Leanne09

Leanne09 Mum of 2 boys x

Lol!! Perhaps we r having girls!!

16. anrugg

anrugg Mother of 2

Excessive intake could also increase the acidity of your urine increasing the risk for a UTI. Also, it has a lot of sugar in it. Talk to your doc if it concerns you.

17. ahh that's my craving too! i drink about half a gallon a day :/

18. Leanne09

Leanne09 Mum of 2 boys x

I never craved it with my son either :)

19. natasja32

natasja32 Mum to 4 boys

Or if i think logically about it,it could be that my system is run down esp since ive got a cold and my body is craving the Vit C.....but i prefer to think its maybe because beany might be a girly.:blush:

20. lisrad

lisrad Well-Known Member

I had massive orange cravings when i was pregnant with my son... I wanted orange juice all the time, also whole oranges, orange chocolate, orange fanta... I remember walking round tescos when i was pregnant picking up anything I could find that was orange!!