Could use some opinions/advice, please.

aley28

2 boys & a girl <3
Reaction score
About induction.

Yesterday at my appointment, my blood pressure was "borderline" high. It was the same at my appointment two weeks before that. The first time they check it, its borderline high (can't remember any numbers, sorry :dohh:), and then they check it again and its closer to my 'normal' range.

My doctor mentioned yesterday that he doesn't like seeing my BP go up (and to be honest, I don't either) and is having me come back in for another appointment tomorrow, after which he may send me for a non-stress test to monitor the baby.

I have no other symptoms of anything else being wrong, and my blood pressure isn't even officially high, but he DID mention the dreaded word "induction" yesterday.

I'd rather not be induced, but of course I will go for it if its what's best for my baby. I'm too scared to look anything up on Google about what borderline high blood pressure may mean for me or the baby and am wondering...

What would you ladies do? If he offers me an induction tomorrow, is it best for me/baby that I go for it? I plan on turning it down or asking to schedule it for next week to see if I can go into labor naturally before then. Basically... I want to do what is best for my baby, but I don't want to be pressured into an induction if its not really necessary.:wacko:

I was induced for different reasons so I can't comment on the high bp although I know my SIL had high bp and both times was allowed to go 7 days over before being induced. I think if you refuse induction they'll probably ask you to attend every day or every other day for monitoring.

Aw jeez... monitoring isn't going to help my BP any. :haha:

I suppose I should do some research on it and see what I can find out. I just hate all the scary stories and statistics I always come across when I try to look something up. :wacko:

Reading on it definitely didn't help my fears any. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->