couldn't make this sh!t up!!!

Redclaire

A mammy at last!!
Reaction score
Today i'm 15dpiui.
tested bfn.
my partner's 22 yr old daughter called me today for a chat away from her dad.
strange i thought...
She came in to my job and told me she's pregnant, probably ecoptic and will have to have op tomoz...about 5 weeks if her dates are right.
if its not an ecoptic she's having a termination.

Now she doesn't know me and her dad are ttc at all never mind having treatment!!
She's a good girl, doing her masters, and she turned to me ...not her mom or her sister..and defo not her dad. I'll help her anyway i can...

BUT SERIOUSLY!! TODAY OF ALL DAYS!! YOU COULDN'T MAKE THIS SH!T UP!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that. It is so hard hearing other's are pregnant when you are doing everything in your power to try for a baby.

oh hun ! sorry didnt want to read and run but not quiet sure what to say!! its rather bizarre isnt it .

Its wonderful that she felt that she could come to you though .x x

I'm not upset...i'm just amazed!! its like mother nature sent the stork to the wrong address!!!
Now she's defo having a termination one way or another...and its a good choice for her i suppose...her life and all that...but holy crap!! there's me and her dad counting down everyday til AF arrives, wishing our lives away for the past yr..never mind the past 15 days since iui!!
she is in the hosp a&e now with pains again...so it is more than likely an ectopic.
And bless she was all upset saying she felt terrible cos she knows there are women who would do anything to have a baby.... not a million miles away!!!

wow...that's amazing timing...lovely that you're there for her...have you tested today?

awww thats such bad timing. but I look at it this way: she came to YOU over all these other people. that means you must show a real motherly side and means you will make a great mum! it will happen for you, unfortunately we dont know which month, but it will happen, I have faith in that. Sorry for the bfn :hugs:

i was surprised that she came to me but glad she told someone..its alot for a girl to deal with!! she's very bright, but hasn't a clue about biology! All i can do is support her and help her out...she's so upset...she only found out cos she was tested at the well woman for she got birth control implant!!! she's very sensible really, never careless..just one of those things...just bizarre it happened today as i was getting my head around the bfn and planning my next iui cycle!

I tested BFN on IC this morn.
now still odd cos temp still up, and no spotting yet and no cramps...always spot on 15dpo.usually cramping seriously by 15dpo.
Does iui screw up ur luteal phase length??:wacko:

hmmm Im not sure, I wonder if it does somehow. were you taking any different meds for the iui than previous months? does your temp normally drop below the coverline the day before AF? I had a quick look at your charts and it seems some months it does some months it doesnt. If she is going to come I hope she does quickly so you can move onto another cycle. Not to get your hopes up but here it shows 13.2% out of 1566 pregnant women got a bfn at 15dpo...
https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/dpo-chart.php?dpo=15
hoping you are one of the 13.5% but I know I would be thinking that Im out :hugs: Im thinking Im out from my bfn at 10dpo this morning!

Does iui screw up ur luteal phase length??:wacko:

It never did with mine. Are you doing injectable progesterone? I've heard that's more effective.
I was using vaginal suppositories and it never lengthened my phase by even a half day.

Sorry about your bizarre day. Man. . . . life just isn't fair! You're right the stork did get the wrong address. I'm an ob nurse. 1 week I had 2 very different patients. One had been ttc for 3 years, had 5 miscarriages and was loosing her twin pregnancy. At the same time, I had another patient that was in her mid thirties, got pregnant by a one night stand, and was giving the baby up for adoption. I tell you what, I wanted to take that baby and just walk it across the hall! It's just crazy.

I'm an ob nurse. 1 week I had 2 very different patients. One had been ttc for 3 years, had 5 miscarriages and was loosing her twin pregnancy. At the same time, I had another patient that was in her mid thirties, got pregnant by a one night stand, and was giving the baby up for adoption. I tell you what, I wanted to take that baby and just walk it across the hall! It's just crazy.

wow thats just crazy! you must see so much, must be hard at times

Well ladies i'm out!
the broomstick arrived this morn...16dpo which is bang on target...temp dropped too.
I'll ring the hospital later to organise scan and meds for our 2nd round of iui starting tomorrow.
And i'm glad the witch has finally arrived!!! The waiting was killing me!!

Sarah you're way to early to give up!! But i really do think that 15dpo and bfn is fairly definitive for me!

And about the step daughter....she's being brought in today for investigation and removal of ectoptic tissue....now as much as i'd love to be the address the stork landed at this month...an ectopic would kill me...the joy of BFP and then the heartbreak!!!!

Well ladies i'm out!
the broomstick arrived this morn...16dpo which is bang on target...temp dropped too.
I'll ring the hospital later to organise scan and meds for our 2nd round of iui starting tomorrow.

Sarah you're way to early to give up!! But i really do think that 15dpo and bfn is fairly definitive for me!

And about the step daughter....she's being brought in today for investigation and removal of ectoptic tissue....now as much as i'd love to be the address the stork landed at this month...an ectopic would kill me...the joy of BFP and then the heartbreak!!!!

Redclaire, so sorry you and your step daughter are having to go through this, it must be devastating for you both. She is very lucky to have you. Hope everything goes as well as can be expected today. x x

Sorry about your bizarre day. Man. . . . life just isn't fair! You're right the stork did get the wrong address. I'm an ob nurse. 1 week I had 2 very different patients. One had been ttc for 3 years, had 5 miscarriages and was loosing her twin pregnancy. At the same time, I had another patient that was in her mid thirties, got pregnant by a one night stand, and was giving the baby up for adoption. I tell you what, I wanted to take that baby and just walk it across the hall! It's just crazy.

Its encouraging though to see a mom that does not want the baby giving it up for adoption, rather than the much more common termination route.

But yeah the juxtaposition of those two patients at the same time must have seemed so totally unfair.

Well ladies i'm out!

Sorry to hear the :witch: got you. We were all rooting for you! Continued :dust: for round two!

Good luck for round 2 IUI!
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:
By the way, there are many women here that are curious about the IUI experience...so if you feel like sharing,.....

Well ladies i'm out!

awww I replied to you on another thread but sorry for the witch coming. I was thinking though once Im doing treatments I think I will be more positive for another cycle because at least something is happening that has a good chance of working. Where now when I get my period I still cant imagine it working the next month either, know what I mean? anyway we are all behind you and your next cycle...FXd

oh and just to finish this blow by blow account of my first iui cycle i have been having the heaviest period i've ever had...ever!! My sister had her twins by IVF on her 3rd cycle and warned me that my period would be heavier ...but OMG!!:rain::saywhat:
I was back in HARI this morn, scan clear of cysts back on injections puregon 50iu again started today..back for scan on follies next friday
YEE HAR!!:happydance::thumbup::haha:
ooh but i'd love a few to chill:wine:

oh and the crap continues!!!
Now my fella's daughter seems to have a normal pregnancy and not an ectopic one!! So she's thinking of keeping it but is still not sure...totally her decision! Nice nurse claire is being as helpful and neutral as i can be...she's a lovely girl and is in an awful position about it all...
But then there's the other Claire!!!
why not me...i'd love love love to have her little bean!! Stork needs to check post codes very carefully next time!!!
what will my fella say...possibly a dad again and a grandad at the same time!!! a bit much for any 43 yr old bloke!!! Will it diminish his feelings for TTC???? I can't talk to him about it (and i talk to him about EVERYTHING) cos its all her business, secret and confidential and not my place to say ...on so many levels!!:wacko:
I sometimes think a termination would be best...for her but is it for me too?? or my mammy side screams nooo a little baby will be loved no matter what..I'd love to adopt it...but i think, being family, she would always be around, change her mind and take him/her away.:nope: So i could be a step nan!! I'd be a soppy mare about it!!
But i still want my own baby!!!!!!!!!!
ok rant over!!:wacko:

Ouch you're right Claire, you wouldn't read about it. As much as it's killing you, it's better to continue to opt out of the discussion with your OH, I know I couldn't be rational/neutral in this position, it must hurt.

oh and the crap continues!!!
Now my fella's daughter seems to have a normal pregnancy and not an ectopic one!! So she's thinking of keeping it but is still not sure...totally her decision! Nice nurse claire is being as helpful and neutral as i can be...she's a lovely girl and is in an awful position about it all...
But then there's the other Claire!!!
why not me...i'd love love love to have her little bean!! Stork needs to check post codes very carefully next time!!!
what will my fella say...possibly a dad again and a grandad at the same time!!! a bit much for any 43 yr old bloke!!! Will it diminish his feelings for TTC???? I can't talk to him about it (and i talk to him about EVERYTHING) cos its all her business, secret and confidential and not my place to say ...on so many levels!!:wacko:
I sometimes think a termination would be best...for her but is it for me too?? or my mammy side screams nooo a little baby will be loved no matter what..I'd love to adopt it...but i think, being family, she would always be around, change her mind and take him/her away.:nope: So i could be a step nan!! I'd be a soppy mare about it!!
But i still want my own baby!!!!!!!!!!
ok rant over!!:wacko:

awww you poor thing. what horrible timing this is while you are going through what you are. even though you are being a lovely step mum I think you should try to step away a little and not think about it too much. concentrate on your 2nd cycle...I really hope this is the one for you! I just took the plunge to start clomid and monitoring for this month yikes....did you try that before the iui?
you have a lot of us behind you praying this month is it for you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->