council incentive for real nappies

Discussion in 'Natural Parenting' started by Missy85, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Missy85

Missy85 Well-Known Member

So i go and contact the council thinking oooo i may get some kind of money towards reuseable nappies but instead they do a birth to potty pack which you pay £17 a month for 12 months. The nappies are Little Lambs...

I have asked for the free trial and she is coming on Tuesday! :thumbup:

Id prefer the AIO or pocket nappies rather than ones with wraps but im not sure why lol... worth a go :D

Im stalking the cloth swap and sell though hehe but dont dare post incase you all pounce and realise nothing for sale and beat me up :rofl:

2. Missy85

Missy85 Well-Known Member

just been put off these little lamb nappies now having read previous posts... dont want little man having somthing like a wet flannel around his waist :wacko:

3. NuttyJester

NuttyJester Brand new little boy! :o)

That's a bit cheeky, what your council offer!

I've got a £30 voucher towards them, have to spend min. £45 though, but still, 2/3rds off... There are a few outlets I can use them at. I've chosen somewhere online to get a complete birth to potty kit (bumGenius) so will have to spend £45 on - er - no idea - maybe reusable wipes and a bucket with liner!!! I'm sure I'll find a few cute nappies I can't resist though!

4. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

yep i think thats a little cheeky too! our council don't do much either - i found i just tried a few different brands to see what i liked x

5. kirsten1985

kirsten1985 Guest

I use Little Lambs and love them. I never got a council voucher or anything, can you get one at any point to use? I guess it depends on the council what you get like you said.

6. Kiree

Kiree proud mammy of 2 boys

I emailed my council to see if they had any incentives.. got quite a blunt reply saying more or less 'no we don't and we aren't going to either'...!!!

7. cyclura

cyclura Mother and expecting

maybe we should get a list of councils that do have an incentive and sticky it so new real nappy users can see it.

I have no clue if Devon does or not any ideas anyone before I try to email them

8. saraendepity

saraendepity Daisy's Mummy and TTC!

good idea !!!!

9. kirsten1985

kirsten1985 Guest

Yeah! I found out that Derbyshire gives you £25 back if you keep the receipts. You have to spend at least £50 to get it.

10. K477uk

K477uk Mum of One!

Nottinghamshire is that same as Derbyshire - £25 back when you spend £50.

11. saraendepity

i just got my confirmation back from my council saying that i'll be getting my £30 cheque soon !! guess what i'll be doing :blush: cant decide on what i wanna get !?!?!?! wont just be buyng one tho thats for sure !! have to buy a few to get money's worth of the postage lol !!:)

hope you all get your bits and pieces from your councils - missy no you have yours!! very soon :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxx

12. dippy dee

dippy dee Well-Known Member

Stoke on trent and newcastle-under-lyme give you £30 all i have to do is get mw to sign sayin she has seen me using them and i will get it and they give it for people with children upto 2 years old. I have got to send mine off but keep forgetting.

13. scatterpatch

scatterpatch Well-Known Member

I keep forgetting to send in my receipts for nappies
    My council says you need receipts so iv asked people who i bought from online to send a little something with it saying what i bought and how much etc do you think thatll be ok ?
    Anyone sent anything similar ? x

14. saraendepity

i sent all my reciepts fom my pay pal and it was acccepted so i dont see why they sholuld refuse hun

xxxxx

15. Floralaura

Floralaura Well-Known Member

Denbighshire council give you three £25 vouchers so you get £75 in total..