Council recycling, really whats the point!

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Really annoyed with Glasgow City Council with our recycling scheme.
They gave us blue bins to put plastic etc in, great! Id wanted to recycle for ages but no facilities accesible to us meant we couldnt.

The bins right now are packed full and have been for 3 weeks! I have reluctantly filled up 2 black bags full of my recyclables as im fedup of my kitchen looking like a rubbish tip with the bottles piling up and unable to take them out!

Ive sat them on top of the bins in hopes that the binmen will see theyre full of plastic but i have my doubts and recon they will just end up to the landfill :hissy:

We got given blue boxes for stuff to recycle, you think they would take paper, glass, plastic and cardboard...they only take paper and glass, and if it aint in the box they dont take it!

I end up loading my car up and doing it at B&Q!

We're not allowed to put glass in ours ... pisses me off!! Glass is one of the original recycling things. Youd think they wouldnt be so flipping picky :hissy:

Here we have a green bin for normal rubbish, a brown bin for garden waste, a grey box seperated into two for cardboard and glass, a green box for paper and a pink bag for plastic....

Here we have a black bin for rubish rubish, Brown bin for garden rubish and a green bin for recycling... 1week they empty the black bin next week its the green bin... i dont know about the brown one we dont use it lol

its a joke

does anyone else have the 2 little brown boxes for food waste?

We dont have any of that, we dont even have bins:| they give us ONE bin bag every week.

The best part of having to put everything in 5 seperate things? The binmen chuck it all in together anyway!? Why the hell do I bother?

That's sooo strange! :wacko:

We MUST recycle and compost here. We're only allowed 1 bag of garbage per week per household.. and then if we need it we can have one more bag but it has to be clear so they can see we're not tossing out recycleables and food waste!

Our council is good on recycling, collects pretty much everything now. Green waste, glass, cans, paper and more recently cardboard and plastic. We always recycle. Shame your council are being crappy!

We have a black wheely bin for non-recyclable and green wheely bin for garden waste. These get alternated each week.

We also have a green box for tins and cans that gets emptied every week
A blue bag for newpapers only (no magazines or ordinary paper/card) again every week
Also a green box for household food waste which has to sit in me kitchen and gets emptied once a week and stinks!!! We aint even allowed to put a bag in it to line it and stop it stinking :(

its a joke

does anyone else have the 2 little brown boxes for food waste?

We do (well green), but they are so unreliable on coming (one out of four weeks) that I dont do it as I am not having food in there for 3 weeks :sick:

We have normal rubbish in black bags picked up weekly, green box which is tins, glass, batteries etc and its lid which is paper weekly, food in a kitchen caddy and slightly bigger bin weekly, white bag for plastics one week followed by green bag for garden waste following week.

The only thing we can rely on to be picked up is the rubbish.

We dont have anything for plastics or cardboard so i have to take those to the tip for recycling myself once a week, whilst they clutter my kitchen up.

I have no choice but to recycle as the wheely bin only gets emptied once a fortnight and unless the lid closes properly, they wont take it.
Id be over my 'limit' if i didnt recycle, just wish they would help me do it a little bit more, we do pay council tax after all.

We just have one greenbox for paper and cardboard and black bin liners for everything else, which they collect every week which is good.

We put glasses, tins, plastic in other boxes and OH takes these to the local recycling centre every few weeks.

Where I used to live, they were really strict and had boxes for everything - they would look in your bin/box and wouldn't collect it if you had an item in there you shouldn't have! Which was a nightmare when people walking by would put things in your bin, and then they wouldn't empty it until the next week and only if you removed the offending item. After 3 warnings they would send someone round to talk to you!

we have normal black bin for rubbish, big green wheely bins for recycling and garden waste. They havent emptied recycling for 3 weeks as they were behind it was full to the top but we can recycle pretty much anything they are even talking about recycling nappies soon dont know how they will do that lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->