Counting again

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Right, the 'letting nature take it's course' isn't working after 11 months, so I'm now starting to count days again and I'm actually considering starting temping. Does this really help? I know more or less to the day when I O, so what extra will temping give me?

I know this seems a daft question as I have 2 kids, but I've never even read anyones posts about temping as I didn't know anything about it.:blush:What are the advantages of doing it?

Off to get a ttc ticker now......

How have you pin pointed O day before? I've known girls to say their CM signs differed from their temp rises.

1-2 months of doing it properly can give you a good idea how your body works - fo rme I O'ed on same day not always the way for all mind :D

OPKs are another way Amanda?

I think I O on day 18 of a 32 day cycle, but maybe not as I'm still not pg. Not sure what good the temping will do, but maybe just give me piece of mind that I am actually O every month.

Did you get the day 18 from places that give you a rough idea when women O on different lenght cycles - If you know what I mean.

Temping can be good if you want to get that 'very' day and are not sure. Can be pressure though on the ;) ;) department hehe

If you really want to check then I'd say chart for even a month or use OPKs!

x

I actually get O pains very strongly so know when I'm O. Saying that now, I've no idea why I want to start temping!:dohh::rofl::rofl:

Ok so day 18 you O ...

What days are you shagging :rofl: Blunt!! lol

You could still try temping anyways and see how it works out. Some people can be so sure when it is they ovulate but still be wrong!

It took me a while before I got the hang of the whole ovulation thing. I was shagging at anytime of the month and just wasnt getting pregnant- I think there was a period of 5 months on and off, with no idea what I was doing (apart from the sex) to 1 month of knowing all about ovulation and when to do that, to actually getting pregnant!
I found that doing it ON the day of ovulation, did not work well for me at all.
I managed to work out my days of ovulation around 4 months into TTC, so there was 1 month of having sex during the fertile period and ON the day of ovulation, which actually failed, and there was a month where I didnt really give a shit whether it happened or not but I was still having sex every other day during the fertile week, and that's when I finally got pregnant.
I dont know anything about temping, but a girl I once knew just was not getting pregnant even after 7/8 months of trying, and the one month she decided to start temping, she fell preg.
I used the ovulation calendar too, which was avaliable online for a 45 day free trial, that was quite effective as it did actually pin point those exact days.
I have never done any temping because I dont have a freaking clue how to do it lol, sounds silly I know.... but either way, Good Luck with it all and I hope you get a BFP really really soon! x

By the way, give this a go https://www.ovulation-calendar.com/

Personally i was charting for about 6 months i think and i knew about as much about my body after as i did before .. didnt actually tell me anything .. lol. Never had any sort of pattern and one month it would say i o'd on day 14 then nothing at all for couple of months then day 18, then 16 (for example) so didnt help me at all :dohh:

Good luck with it though Amanda :hugs:

Ok so day 18 you O ...

What days are you shagging :rofl: Blunt!! lol

That was to the point!!! :rofl:This month was 15, 17 and 19. Last month was 14x2, 15, 16x3, 17x2, 18, 19x2 - different tactic!!! Still nothing!:hissy:

The month I conceived Charlie we 'shagged' every 48 hours, so I think we'll try that again this month.....

Good luck Amanda hope u get ur BFP quick!
xx

That was to the point!!! :rofl:This month was 15, 17 and 19. Last month was 14x2, 15, 16x3, 17x2, 18, 19x2 - different tactic!!! Still nothing!:hissy:

The month I conceived Charlie we 'shagged' every 48 hours, so I think we'll try that again this month.....​
I'm certainly no expert, but dont dr's advise not to do it twice in one day and to do it once every other day? Apparently it's something to do with sperm build up after 24 hours. It's stronger and theres more of it. Where as if you do it twice a day, it weakens the load.

Good luck with TTC Amanda, hope you get your BFP very soon! :hugs:x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->