Couple of nursery questions

I was thinking he should be starting next sept as we have had to apply for the pack to apply for yhe place in October

Does this pack include the governmental authority form as well as the school form?
I only found out today I need to do 2 forms, one from the school and one from the government plus a refferance letter from the priest for church attandance.

We don't apply to the school, we apply through the council and then they sort places.

I was thinking he should be starting next sept as we have had to apply for the pack to apply for yhe place in October

Does this pack include the governmental authority form as well as the school form?
I only found out today I need to do 2 forms, one from the school and one from the government plus a refferance letter from the priest for church attandance.

We don't apply to the school, we apply through the council and then they sort places.

But you still get a choice of what schools tbough dont you?
This just seems to ne yet another differance, we apply direct to the school but with a goverment backing.
Theres only 30 places with 11 criterias but placments never get beyond criteria 4 (6 for example is anyine in the area but not baptised) we currently come under number 2/3 so stand a pretty good chance.
This school is in the top 10% of the country for performance and ofsted reports so I really want this one :)
Although we will choose back up schools.

But you still get a choice of what schools tbough dont you?
This just seems to ne yet another differance, we apply direct to the school but with a goverment backing.
Theres only 30 places with 11 criterias but placments never get beyond criteria 4 (6 for example is anyine in the area but not baptised) we currently come under number 2/3 so stand a pretty good chance.
This school is in the top 10% of the country for performance and ofsted reports so I really want this one :)
Although we will choose back up schools.

Yes we get the choice of 3 or 4 schools we would like him to go to. The school we want him to go to will accept him because of where we live. It has 70 places and most of them going to people whos "designated" school it is. And it is ours, if not the other schools are good just not as good. The school Oliver will be going to (if he gets in) is the top with in our council.

It is completely different when you want to send them to a school of a certain religion around here.

If you only choose 1 school around here you wont get it, they will give you another just because you haven't done the application process properly.

Thats just it though, we dont apply with a top three preferance with the three options we have apy individualy to each school and just let the local authority know eith a common authority form (if we apply to other local non catholic schools then thats done same way as as picking 3 through local authority and seeing what you get)

I guess the councils just do it different.

Our schools dont even have application forms.

Its not a council thing but rather a specific school thing, if I was going for any of the other local schools id have to do it same way as you are through the council.

Its not a council thing but rather a specific school thing, if I was going for any of the other local schools id have to do it same way as you are through the council.

Thats what I said before, its different round here when you want to go to CofE etc.

Yep, Earl starts in Sept 2014. We apply online via the council website and we get 3 choices of schools but they're massively into catchment areas here so it's usually just the one closest as the crow flies. The schools don't even take your phone call about it lol.

Earl goes to a local pre-school 2 full days (9-3 school hours and term time) a week. This is completely free including lunch time (he only does 12 hours in total) but if we had to pay it would cost us just shy of £30 a week - it's £7.40 a session and a session is 3 hours. When I had to pay he only did 1 full day lol.

It does tire him out, but at the same time the other children behave very differently to him - we have very high expectations of him and after his 2 days at school we can tell the difference. Earl's actually moving to a new pre-school from September to be closer to home and to be at school with children that he'll be going to primary school with. Probably will do 3 mornings there I think - they only offer mornings but I like having a couple of days a week that are just us. He's only little still, and it's not compulsory yet so I'm keeping him home with me. Obviously if I return to work (which is looking likely) we'll sort something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->