• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Couple with baby alert

jessrabbit

Reaction score
Wish someone would warn me when couples are about to arrive together to show off their new baby.

Everyone is like aww look a baby, dont you want to see it?

No I dont, I'm a not far off my due date and seeing newborns freaks me out, as I am just coming to terms with the whole how does something that big come out of a hole so small thing.

Plus they all know my situation and although I will hold it together at work, I now know I am going to go home, have a cry and get all upset and freaked out about the doing it alone thing.

Just wish someone would warn me when this is going to happen so I could make myself scarce.

Sitting here, head down, hiding hoping they dont bring the baby over. Just cause I'm pregnant doesnt mean I want to see it...

Sorry, just had to get that out!

awwwww :hugs: i know how you are feeling. it really would be nice for people to give us a warning or atleast be understanding of our situation. maybe just hurry off to the break room or something ... i know this doesnt help but sometimes i do this just to avoid the "couple and new baby" ... but yes going home and crying is what ends up happening :cry:

Thankfully they have gone now. Its just horrible when I am not expecting it. Seems different walking down the street, I hardly notice couples. At work though were I feel like I dont have to think about it, its a surprise! I know there is one more dad in here whose partner is due in a couple of weeks, so no doubt I will get the joy of that one appearing in the office just before I go on Mat leave and I dont think I will be able to hide from that one somehow.

I dont want them to feel sorry or bad for me as it makes it worse. also I dont want them to feel bad or awkward around me. Or to make them feel bad because I dont want to see it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"