Covering baby

penniepie

Reaction score
Hi there
My son is 1 month old he is a big boy and often kinda sweaty!
During the evening I swaddle him and put a knitted blankets on top for warmth
During the day the odd time I prop him up in the nursing pillow sometimes with a blanket and odd time I prop him in just to sit not blanket

He wears a onesie underskirt and sleeper and mitts
Should he have a blanket on him at all times now or can I just use my own temperature instinct judgement

My husband yelled at me for putting him in his swing without a blanket for 5 mins while I wash my hands etc

If he's inside then he will be fine in his vest and sleep suit! I sometimes take my lo's sleep suit off so she's just in her vest when she's playing. I don't have the heating on either and she's fine. She sits in her bouncy chair in the kitchen watching me do the washing up and she only has her clothes on.

The only time I put blankets on is when we go out or when she's sleeping.

General rule of thumb is baby should have one more layer on than you. Depending on how warm your house is a blanket is not needed all the time.

Agreed. Alex was only in layers in the NICU because he would sweat right through once we got home. He's mostly in a vest on warmer days and recently with the colder weather, a vest, joggie bottoms and socks :) The back of the neck and middle of the chest are the best places to see if baby is too warm.

Tell your hubby to back off :smug: :rofl:

We were told by the nurses that its safer for a baby to be a little cool rather than too hot. She said they will more likely let you know they are too cold than too hot. As the other poster said, one more layer than you will be plenty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->