covert prenatal vitamin shopping

Cntrygal

Reaction score
Trying to buy prenatal vitamins when you're not telling anyone you'll be NTNP soon is tough! I live in a VERY small town, so the only place I can buy the prenatal vitamins is the town I work in, which isn't any too big. My DH boss's wife walked right by me while I was reading labels and thankfully didn't see me. :dohh: But the vitamins were right by the pharmacy, which is where she was headed, so I put down the vitamins and high tailed it out of there. :haha: I feel like I need to go on a road trip to buy dang prenatals. :shrug:

Lol, I know the feeling! The town I just moved from was small. Fortunately I just moved to a city and don't know anyone yet, so now it's easier! Maybe you could buy them online?

Agree with pp, I bought mine with my online groceries.

I felt the same way! I was at whole foods looking at all the vitamins trying to find the prenatals...I found folic acid first so I was just going to get folic acid instead. but then my hubby went up and asked someone who worked there where the prenatals were and I got so embarrassed! I don't know why! haha! I'm always worried someone will ask how far along I am or something...and then I will have to uncomfortably reply...I'm not pregnant. Just chunky. lol

I felt so embarrassed looking for them too! The problem with online is that we live on the same piece of land as my in-laws and we share a mailbox. And they are both retired so they intercept our mail. If I bought online I wasn't sure if there would be anything on the package to indicate what it was. My MIL has kept one of my magazines for a few days and then when she did bring it over to me she suggested I read a certain article. :growlmad: So I know she'd get all the details she could from the package. But, I was able to get my hands on some last night at 'The Walmarts'! That place is always busy and it seemed to be easier to blend. I checked out the options from afar, got what I wanted and then stacked hubby's contact solution on top of them in case I ran into anyone I knew. Score! And I have to admit, taking them last night made everything a little more real. :)

So when you buy them online is it obvious from the packaging/wording they are prenatals?

Know how you feel! Its not so much that we live in a small town but I know a lot of people and always seem to bump into them in supermarkets! Lately I've been indulging in buying quite a few baby bits, reduced clothing, other items and prenatals and i always have a quick look round to check theres no one i know before stashing the goods in my trolley and covering them with my other purchases!! Agree online is best - would your inlaws actually open your parcels? If not, then there shouldnt be anything on the outside of the package to indicate whats inside. If they do, then how rude is that!

I doubt the package would indicate whats in it...unless you bought it from a maternity store or something. but you could buy online from target, walmart, or swansons vitamins or something. the packaging would just have the store name on it

I buy on Amazon..it tends to be cheaper. Everytime I buy it's fairly covert. Sometimes it will say "medical supply store" other times it just says amazon.

if you think buying prenatals covertly is hard, wait till you have family come over! lol. whenever our family drops by we have to "baby proof" our home, hide all the prenatals, magazines, opks etc etc. it's so nerve wracking because even though we hide them well, I'm always afraid that someone will go into the bathroom searching for toilet paper or something and stumble across them.

It was hard enough hiding that stuff when we had our own bathroom, but our new house only has one, so it'll be even harder now! Oh well...

Luckily, living out in the middle of no where, we don't get much company. And as much as I'd like to wait the normal 12 weeks once we are pregnant, I just don't think that will be an option for our immediate family. There would be too much suspicion and I'd rather get to tell them, then to get asked and not be able to say no. My MIL is notorious for blabbing other people's news, but I hope to keep it to immediate family and close friends until farther along. Plus it would be nice to have some support if for some reason issues occurred during the pregnancy.

I've been taking the prenatals every night since I got them. I've heard they make some people feel sick, but so far so good. I think I'm heading the library next week to pick up a book or two to start my pregnancy research. Hehe.

definately have to be bought online! when looking at them in shops i feel like everyone is thinking 'well we know what your getting up to most nights!' how embarassing, not that there is anything to be embarrassed about but you know what i mean!

I bought mine from iherb and it didn't say the contents on the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->