Cow and gate comfort milk

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by jo_79, Dec 19, 2009.

1. jo_79

jo_79 Mum 2 Chloe, Sam & Hollie

Just wondering if anyone using cow and gate comfort milk makes up their bottles in advance.

I just put sam on it today and he had two feeds which were made up when he wanted them but ive just made them up for the night and morning and put them in the fridge, after a while i noticed the milk has seperated in the bottle. Obviously i'll shake it up again when i reheat it but just wanted to check with others that its normal for this type of milk.

Thanks

2. angelae36

angelae36 Well-Known Member

We use aptamil comfort (made by the same company) and make it up and store in the fridge.
    It too separates but when it gets shaken/swirled when it's warmed it goes back together.
    It hasn't caused our daughter any problems.

3. littlekitten8

littlekitten8 Mummy of 1

I just put the water into the bottles and keep them at room temp, then warm 1 when I want it, add the powder and shake and shake and shake lol. I'm guessing it won't cause any damage for it to have separated hun.

4. jo_79

jo_79 Mum 2 Chloe, Sam & Hollie

well he's had a few bottles of it and he seems happy enough :)

5. history_girls

history_girls Mummy to 2 Girlies

We make them in advance and they seperate - we just shake really well and no probs.

6. loopdido

loopdido Mum to 2

just wanted to say it's better to swirl a bottle rather than shake it! this formula is made to help reduce wind or colic problems, shaking the bottle adds tiny air bubbles to the formula which are then taken on board by baby and cause wind or gassy intestines.

this was advise given by the hv when i had my son, my friend once made up a bottle for me and shook it and immediately I noticed the difference in my son's colic.

7. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

I have never made bottles in advance bcos of this