Coz if Mastitis wasn't bad enough

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
Looks like i've got thrush! :cry:
Bf'ing has been nothing but trouble for me so far, first she wouldn't attach, then she couldn't get onto my right side, then mastitis and now thrush. I see why so many ppl give up bf'ing! I'm lucky to have a good support network but with the amount of pain my nipples give me i'm almost ready to quit. Not an option when ur mums a lactation consultant tho. Sigh.

Hopefully the cream will work though and things can start looking up!

Oh hun, I am so sorry you have had such a horrible time. I have had mastitis 3 times, the first time was before I had even had Bren. It is horrible and sucks big time. Hopefully things will turn around and you will get to start enjoying BFing. I do promise that the longer you go, the better it gets.

I could handle the mastitis, it didn't last that log coz I just fed Savannah on that side until it cleared but the thrush is almost unbearable!

hope things get better for you. it is true though that it gets way better with time. i have never had thrust, but had mastitis twice, and that in its own is awful. again hope things get better! :hug:

What!!!??? Humans get mastitis too? I've only ever heard of it in cows (grew up around a lot of dairy farms)

I didn't know they did either until I got it! It's not fun, but easy enough to get rid of.

Hun i can sympathise with you i had thrush and mastitis too about 3weeks ago, it was omg sooo painful!
If you still want to b/f you just got to work through it and time does go surprinsingly fast, i remember in those first few thinking i would never make the 6week mark and that has just flashed by in an instance.
Fortunately both have cleared up and i can happily say after 8weeks of breastfeeding i don't get any pain whatsoever. The only issue now is if i am making enough 'boobie juice'...lol

you are doing a great job, keep it up :D
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back