CPR during pregnany

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by sailorgirl1, Jun 1, 2011.

1. sailorgirl1

sailorgirl1 Well-Known Member

I can't find any info about this on the web but I had refresher first aid training today and had to do about 2-3 minutes of chest compressions - I was a bit out of breath and it was a little bit like hard work but I didn't feel like I'd overdone it - do you think this would be ok?

Thanks xx

2. ljo1984

ljo1984 2DDs,2angels <3

I'm sure it's fine I'm a nurse and I had to go some chest compressions last month and all was fine and I did my intermediate life support day when pregnant last time which involved alot of compressions on the dolls and again was fine. X

3. Cassie10

Cassie10 WTT After Loss

I'm a Paramedic so I have to do compressions quite frequently so I've wondered this a few times. Thanks for asking! I don't know how I will manage when I get a big belly!

4. debzie

debzie Mammy to two girls.

Depends where you work, Im NHS and am waiting to have my work risk assessment from my line manager s will ask. x