Cramp/DVT

katemarie

Mother of one and pregs
Reaction score
Hi girls,

so in my normal pregnancy melodramatic ways I just wanted to check in with you on something - the other night I woke up with really bad cramp in my calf. Never had this before ever and was so painful! So it went and I went back to sleep but all day yesterday and still today my calf is very tight. It doesn't hurt while I'm sitting and is just stiff when I walk, no swelling or anything else. Annoyingly it seems to have come at the same time I am starting to feel a bit more breathless hence my melodrama (but no chest pain or anything)

Is this just another joy of third tri symptoms or should I be speaking to my midwife to make sure I haven't picked up a clot???!! I always worry as I sleep on my left side and don't move much all night as it's quite hard to shift about (apart from two or three loo trips) so I worry my circulation isn't very good at the mo!

Thanks x

Hi hon
i think it's probably just the way the muscles are cramping. if it were a clot your leg would swell and ache behind in your calf and it would hurt all the time. Stretch it out as much as you can . It probably is the way you are lying i get that sometimes.
if you're worried then see your gp they'll be able to assess you to see if it might be a dvt.
x

My baby centre app on my phone has mentioned a few times about cramp in your calfs. It says it's due to extra weight being carried around all day, I wouldnt worry too much, although the fact that it remains might be worth getting checked out.

Baby centre says to lay down on your bed, and flex your toes towards you, pushing your heel out very slowly, this relieves pressure and stretches your calf out.

x

also dvt u would have a hot swollen leg.
sounds like cramp, but as usual go to dr if ya worried.

I had it for the first time last night too, only ever had cramp in my feet and the occasional back spasm before in my life and this was very strong and over in a matter of seconds but it bloody hurt and shocked me to the point where I let out a blood curdling scream lol! God knows what I'll be like in labour - defo not the picture of calmness I was hoping for that seems clear to me now! I googled and it seems a normal part of pregnancy unless it remains strong for more than 30 mins (my leg was sore after but the cramp had gone) and is hot/swollen etc. Hope this helps x

Thanks all - well tightness lasted two days then it went completely, so drama queen is happy now haha. Very odd when you've never had it before though but at least I'll know what it is next time. Gosh really starting to feel heavy now I'm in my 32 week, scary to think there's 8 or so to go and the weight has to double of baby! I started off at 8 stone 7 and now finally getting to nearly a stone over that, 9 stone 6 this morning, well done baby girl you're doing good! (and I'm eating lots of kit kat chunkies oops!!) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->