Cramping and twinges during 2ww

LaRockera

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Some of you may remember me. I was pretty active for a few months in BnB but then decided to withdraw for a variety of different reasons.

Anyway. Hi. :howdy:

I have a question, and it's not necessarily symptom-related.

Do any of you get the occasional cramp and twinge throughout your luteal phase? I don't mean just the few days after ovulation and the few before AF. I mean throughout the whole 2ww. And I'm talking about twinges here and there, mild cramps that may even be from gas or I don't know what else, or even occasional numbness in your upper part of the thigh? Nothing that could really be described as 'painful' (I do get sharp stabbing once or twice before AF arrives but nothing too frequent or serious). Just mere movement down there that could be due to other things.

Anyway. I'd just like to see if this is normal. Like I said, I'm not talking about anything too painful or distressing. Merely the kind of thing you may not even notice if you're too busy with other things.

Any input appreciated. It seems that every single month I find new things I get paranoid about, and since this is my ninth 2ww, and I don't think it's happening again, the paranoia grows and feeds on itself. I'm thirty years old by the way, in fact, my bday is tomorrow. :haha:

:thumbup:

I am always have twinges and cramps though out my cycle.. our bodies do love playing tricks on us.. :hugs: xxx

I get them every day starting from the day after ovulation, right up to the day AF shows her ugly face... I used to get really excited about them, but now I just ignore them... just made AF's arrival ten times worse if my hopes about the odd twinge were being crushed :/

Baby dust :) xx

6dpo... But I too get them every month, and as this is my 9th cycle guys, I really have to fight to stop being paranoid.

It's a relief to know that other ladies have them. I was a bit concerned they may be a symptom of endo or something. I only get them between ovulation and AF. Sometimes I do have painful cramps on my first AF day, but they usually go with the occasional paracetamol, and sometimes I don't need even that.

I've arranged to go on blood tests and such so will ask my doc about it anyway, but if mild cramps are common in the luteal phase, I won't be feeling so paranoid in the meantime...

Hi LaRockera, I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you ever worked out/found out what the mild cramps and twinges were? I've been ttc for 6 months in total (mmc after 4 months) but the mobth I got my bfp I cramped for a whole week before my af would have been due..so when the same thing happened last month I was so excited because it was again so early - infact 7dpo...but af arrived. And now this month the mild cramping and twinges started 5dpo!! They come and go but im really worried it could be endo or something wrong :-(

Hey hon,

the cramping and twinges turned out to be just a normal part of my cycle. And the month I fell pregnant I was convinced I weren't because everything happened exactly the same way- even my migraines and bad mood were there!

It's all progesterone working- either building up or shedding I suppose!

Good luck with your TTC! It took me 13 months but it was so very worth it, as I wouldn't change my daughter for the world!

:dust:

PS. I was worried about endo, too. As it turned out, I have very mild endo on my left ovary (it's stuck under my uterus). Ironically enough, it's the same ovary I conceived with, so functioning perfectly. My uterus (where the cramping comes from) was all clear, so don't worry. Uterine endo would hurt much, much more, methinks.

Thank you for replying, that's so reassuring :) I know, I hope and pray for my own little miracle every day x It's just bizarre it's only been the last 3 months-i'm 30 so had a few cycles in my life to know this is something new! Did you have deep, low down twinges/little stabs similar to when you are on your period? x

:wave: Hey how are you?? Shes sooo adoreable!!

Im in the 2ww with 2 days before AF, and I feel shes on her way :( Im done after this.. Can“t keep being crushed when she shows...

Are u TTC again, I did notice this is an old post.... :)

Thank you for replying, that's so reassuring :) I know, I hope and pray for my own little miracle every day x It's just bizarre it's only been the last 3 months-i'm 30 so had a few cycles in my life to know this is something new! Did you have deep, low down twinges/little stabs similar to when you are on your period? x

I think everything was the same, hon. I was also 30 at the time, btw. You can get yourself checked for peace of mind, but I think it's all normal stuff happening down there. Twinges and cramping may mean implantation, too. :hugs:

:wave: Hey how are you?? Shes sooo adoreable!!

Im in the 2ww with 2 days before AF, and I feel shes on her way :( Im done after this.. Can“t keep being crushed when she shows...

Are u TTC again, I did notice this is an old post.... :)

Thank you so much, hon. :kiss::hugs:

Nooo, not ttc again, I need a break, methinks.:haha: My thread was revived so I'm trying to help. :flower:

No, don't give up. NEVER give up. BTW, have you tried to go the IUI way? Are you considering?

It has crossed my mind.. Im scheduled for an ultrasound within the next 2 weeks. Dr. ordered it bc of my cyst and see if everything is ok.. Its my birthday next week and I was hopin for a nice surprise.. But.. Not looking good... :cry:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hang in there. The best things are the hardest to come.:hugs:

I don't get cramps or twinges during my cycle except for ovulation. This cycle of TTC ever since 4dpo I have had this heavy feeling in my uterus. In addition to the heavy feeling, there are very mild contraction type feelings. This is definately not normal for me, I am 8dpo and got a bfn. I swear its a tumor or pregnancy lol.

I don't get cramps or twinges during my cycle except for ovulation. This cycle of TTC ever since 4dpo I have had this heavy feeling in my uterus. In addition to the heavy feeling, there are very mild contraction type feelings. This is definately not normal for me, I am 8dpo and got a bfn. I swear its a tumor or pregnancy lol.

I'm sure you know that already, but 8dpo is really, really early to test. I wouldn't bother before 10 days to be honest. My first bfp was a chemical and only showed faint positive (to turn negative the same afternoon) at 16dpo, which means implantation had occurred somewhat late , but even with my IUI, it was a beta that confirmed my pregnancy at 11dpo. So there is plenty of hope there.

(My IUI had nothing to do with my fertility, more like a last-minute decision by our obgyn not to lose a cycle that was considered lost as we had a dye test mid-cycle. I conceived by the ovary with the endo and was told plenty of times it will function perfectly).

Ohhh so you have endo LaRockera? As you were worried about that when you first posted this...do you think that is what causes/caused your cramping and twinges throughout 2ww? I went to dr today as cramped all yesterday too and she said if it was endo I would experience painful sex and pain throughout the whole month? x

ps which I don't...only cramping throughout the LP on and off....and this being for the last 3 cycles x

Sorry hun, just re read your first reply to me, didn't see the last part! Do you still get cramping for whole LP? I'm really worried about it but gp isn't x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->