Cramping around ovulation time - when do you get it?

Cara x

Reaction score
Hi all!

DH and I have been NTNP#2 for 9 months (with a break in the middle) and have just started 'properly' TTC this cycle (using OPK, supplements and some conceive plus if it ever arrives!).

Tbh I've not paid much attention to my cycles since DS was born, mostly because they were all over the place as I was on cerazette. I've been using Fertility Friend this cycle and I'm currently on CD 10. Since this is my first cycle properly tracking things and using OPK, I'm not sure when I ovulate but I do usually have a 27-28 day cycle. I got very clear negative OPKs on CD8 and 9 but today I've been feeling a bit crampy and I'm worried it's ovulation pain. It's a dull, mild pain it feels similar to, but is nowhere near as bad as, period pain but it does seem to be lasting a couple of hours a time and I've had about 3 spells of it today.

Surely I can't have missed ovulation if I got a complete negative OPK yesterday? It was almost stark white. If you really really squinted you could maybe see a line. I don't temp so can't refer to that.

Is it possible to get ovulation cramps quite a few days before it? I'm kind of hoping O time isn't approaching too quickly because I've managed to convince myself that Conceive Plus is definitely going to work for us (if only it were that simple!) and it hasn't arrived yet! Waiting on some Clearblue digi OPKs arriving too as I'm relying on SemiChem cheapies just now! Any help much appreciated!

Yes its possible the cramps are from the follicles growing ,also a few days before ovulation the cervix opens slightly to allow the sperm to swim in more easily.

I usually get cramping as much as 3-4 days before O. It's usually mild but noticeable. I typically feel a generalized sense of fullness or heaviness in my pelvis and it's often a dull ache, (all over) off and on for a few days. It then intensifies about 24 hrs before O and then the day of O, I usually get undeniable one-sided cramping for a few hours.

I think it makes sense that there's likely a lot of activity going on in those days leading to O :) I'm on CD 8 right now and I typically get a + OPK on CD 10, 11, or 12. I always start w/ EWCM first (which I noticed a bit yesterday and today), then the mild cramping begins, so I should be expecting that to start very soon. :dust:

Thanks ladies. That eases my mind a bit!

How quickly should my line on an OPK darken? I'm on CD 11 and still having to really really squint to see the test line!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->