Cramping at 34 weeks?

krisnjay

Mommy to Logan
Reaction score
I have been cramping real bad for the past 5 days. It goes away with rest but starts up when I do activity. My whole bump seems to get sore after this happens for a while. On monday it got so bad that I could barely walk so I went to labor and delivery and they hooked me up and the baby was doing fine but they did pick up that I was having contractions. They checked my cervix but it was high closed and thick. They even ran a fetal fibronectin test( it tests your chances of going into labor within the next 2 weeks) and it came back negative. They sent me home and didnt seem so concerned. Well its still going on. Does anyone else have this going on or know anything about it. I'm about to go insane. My doctor even released me to go back to work until I go on mat leave in 3 weeks. I dont think I will be able to.

Mine haven't been so bad that I can't walk, but I've definitely been crampy this past week...they feel like bad period cramps :( I went to L&D also and just found out they were round ligament (maybe from baby dropping) and braxton hicks.

Listen to your body. Yes your doctor said you're ok to work, etc, but you know your body better than anyone at this point. Don't push yourself too hard and call your doctor if you still don't feel better in the next day or 2 :)

I hope something is progressing because I dont think I could handle another 6 weeks of this. Most people I talk to say this happened with them a few weeks before labor.

Just sneeking in from 2nd tri, but I wanted to let you know I can relate. With my first I started contracting at 26 weeks. I never actually went into pre-term labor, but they could pic up my contractions on the monitor. I was diagnosed with uterine irritability and my doctor basically told me to just deal with it. I did have slight cervical changes (was 1 cm at 30 weeks and 2 cm at 36 weeks). But I had contractions ALL the time (sometimes 10 an hour). I am a nurse and was working 12 hr shifts and the girls at work would feel my belly and say "why is it so hard" - well I'm having a contraction! Never got put on bedrest, but was monitored. I worked past my due date and had him at 40 + 6!! My doctor was SHOCKED because she thought for sure I would have him by 34 weeks. Just make sure you are putting your feet up when you can and drink pleanty of water!! Although these things didn't really help me with the amount of contractions :( Wish you luck!

I've had lots of cramping since 34 weeks. I lost some of my plug/bloody show at 34 and 35 weeks. I was 1 cm at 35 weeks, and almost 2 at 38 weeks. I started labor at 38.5 weeks after my exam and it stopped late that night! So, from my experience, it didn't make my baby get here too early. I'm still waiting.

ETA: I left work at 36 weeks. If I was still working I would've prob had him by now, I stood all day and it was making things worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->