Cramping at 8 weeks - too early???

maddy1

Reaction score
Hello all,

I know that we stretch and cramp because we are growing making room for our bean, but this early (I'm 8 weeks pregnant today)???
Pain started Thursday night, its on my right & left sides, really far down in the uterine area. Its almost a constant kind of pain on my right side unless im laying down. I feel the soreness when I stretch even if accidentally...Weird!
The other pain is in my lower back.... Anyone else feel this and this soon?

The only other thing of note is I had an orgasm, first in this pregnancy on Thursday night and noticed this cramping soreness Friday morning, but no spotting. Could that be the cause?

Thank you for your answers!

The pains on each side sound like round ligament pains to me. Something to keep in mind is that some of the pains you will feel aren't necessarily from anything actually getting larger/stretching out. Your body is producing a hormone called relaxin which hence the name is responsible for relaxing all your connective tissues to prepare for expansion. What that can cause is pain in places you might not expect-lower back, hips, wrist and even knees! My last pregnancy we had a thread of women suffering from wrist and knee pain and we're sharing tips on how to cope. Relaxin doesn't just relax the uterine area unfortunately and another lovely side effect it causes is indigestion because it softens the flap that closes our stomachs off which allows all the lovely stomach acids to travel up and out:dohh:

So yea you are probably feeling stretching (especially if this is your first) but also your feeling muscle pains from them getting pulled due to the connective tissues loosening and the natural support weakening. Try yoga and walking/ swimming to keep thing working smoothly :thumbup:

I've had cramping in one form or another since about 3w5d. The first week or so it was across the middle with period like cramps, then it eased off for a bit and I now get an achy twinge on both sides, sometimes throughout the day and other times hardly at all. Last night for the first time (8w2d today) I got some cramping in the crease of my thigh. I am quite bloated where my uterus is and some nights I find it uncomfortable to sleep on my side without a pillow pressed up against me, it's like the pressure of laying in that position makes the cramps a bit worse. I haven't found my cramps to be worse after sex but definitely after a BM!

You can have cramping at any stage of pregnancy but it's actually quite common during the first trimester. As long as it's not severe or accompanied by bleeding I wouldn't be too concerned :)

i cramped from 5 weeks to around 11 weeks, very badly. sometimes so bad i needed to take tylenol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->