Cramping at 8 weeks?

bunyhuny

Growing a Rainbow <3
Reaction score
I am 8+1 and I've been having what feels like a loooong, drawn out, period-like cramp this evening. (Going on an hour now.) Very firm pressure right in my uterus. No bleeding or spotting, though. Occasionally, I also feel this weird vibration in my uterus, like a tiny cell phone vibrating. Can this be normal in pregnancy? Or should I be worried? (I mean, I am worried, but is it warranted?) I had my intake ultrasound yesterday and everything was fine. Baby had a strong heartbeat and looked very healthy.

The only other pregnancy I've had that got this far I miscarried at 9 weeks, and I had cramps leading up to the miscarriage. I don't remember what if any other cramping I had during the rest of that pregnancy, but I do know that the baby measured on time for the day I lost it.

Can someone ease my worries?

Perfectly normal. I had this it was stretching and also a UTI for me. But its now treated and I'm fine

So it's probably nothing... Thanks for sharing what you went through.

Do you know if they check for UTI's at prenatal appts? I had an appt yesterday and they had me do the whole pee in a cup thing. Would they have checked for something like that routinely?

Yeah they test &#128515; if you had 1 they would of found white blood cells in the urine. Sounds like stretching

Thanks ladies. The cramps scare me to death. I'll just try to think of them as the baby growing.

And thank you, gemstone, for the info on the UTI checks. Doctor didn't explain what they'd be checking for with urine and I forgot to ask. :dohh: Do you know what else they check for?

I think they also check for ketones in the urine too to make sure you're staying hydrated. I'm not 100% sure though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->