Cramping concern

littlewitch

Reaction score
I am 6w1d today. Last night, I had some pain during sex and throughout the night I had occasional cramping on my lower left side.
Today I just feel this mild but constant pressure in that same lower left side behind my c section scar.
I guess I am sharing this in the hopes that someone else has experienced this and not miscarried?
I am really nervous that the cramping and pressure means the end of this pregnancy.

I had quite a lot of cramping around 6/7 weeks. Not related to sex just randomly happened. I was convinced it was going to end up being ectopic or something but my scan showed everything was fine. They seemed to have settled the past few days.

I’ve been cramping since my bfp. Some days they’ve been really strong and scared the hell out of me. I’m still getting them on and off now and I get it all in my lower back too. I called the epu Friday because I had such a horrendous night with really bad cramps and I was convinced I’d lost the baby. I was booked in with them Monday for a reassurance scan but they squeezed me straight in Friday morning and the scan showed our little baby with a heartbeat. We’ve only bd’d once since I’ve found out because of these cramps. I’ve had 4 separate occasions of spotting too so I’m just terrified to do anything. I noted down cramping with my son in the early weeks so I know it can be normal. They said the reason mine could be stronger is because of my age and because every pregnancy you have they can get stronger each time. I’m sure you’ll be fine. It’s probably just everything stretching and growing in there but if you’re really worried you could always ask your gp or midwife for advice or be checked over for peace of mind. Hopefully things will start easing over the next week or two

I wish I could have an earlier scan, but the earliest my new OB can see me for an ultrasound is on June 13.
I think I will call tomorrow and see if I can be seen any earlier because the wait is stressing me out.
Thanks to everyone for your replies. :)
I refuse to lose or decrease the amount of sex in my life due to being pregnant, but sometimes the cramping does make me a bit nervous.

Hi ladies, sorry jumping onto this thread. I'm having lots of cramping and had some spotting for 2 days, then nothing yday and today there us definitely more spotting..but more and pinker :shock: I did go to get checked yday and thought they would do bloods but they did a scan and saw a sac amd possible fetal pole which they were really happy with. I was so relieved. And know this today :-(
Just wondering and hoping that everything turned out ok for you ladies.

Hi ladies, sorry jumping onto this thread. I'm having lots of cramping and had some spotting for 2 days, then nothing yday and today there us definitely more spotting..but more and pinker :shock: I did go to get checked yday and thought they would do bloods but they did a scan and saw a sac amd possible fetal pole which they were really happy with. I was so relieved. And know this today :-(
Just wondering and hoping that everything turned out ok for you ladies.

I’m sorry this is happening to you hun. It’s always so scary to see any blood in pregnancy. I had awful cramping for weeks after I found out I was pregnant and did have on and off occasions of spotting. It was so scary especially as I had a mmc in November. I think it can be more common than we think to have some bleeding. I think so long as you’re not in a lot of pain and it doesn’t get heavy and bright red I would hope alls ok. Saying that I had bright red bleeding with my 3rd in the first trimester but she was obviously perfectly fine so even then it doesn’t always mean the worst. Sometimes it can be that the cervix gets irritated or there can what is called an sch which is what they said my bleeding was down to. It didn’t cause any harm to baby but obviously the bleeding is still so scary to see. If it keeps happening or gets worse and you’re worried still then I would call back and explain what’s happening and that you’re still really worried. I hope it all stops for you hun and baby’s doing well in there. Wishing you all the best

@Snackqueen I always cramp a lot in the early weeks, it's normal. I'm sorry you are dealing with spotting, it's always scary too see, but seeing a yolk sac is good news.

I spotted last pregnancy consistently between weeks 6-7 and all was fine. Hope it turns out okay for you.

I had a lot of aches and cramps early on too. It can be really worrying but the majority of the time everything turns out OK :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->