cramping every day

cattymouse

mother of 1
Reaction score
hi so from week 4 I have been cramping every day
is it normal or is something bad happening
I've had 2 scans since and every thing is fine
but why would I be cramping this much ?

I've cramped with each pregnancy, some more than others for some reason. It was actually when the cramping stopped that there was a problem. With my miscarriages, I didn't have any cramping at all once my uterus stopped growing because the baby was no longer viable. There is also a possibility that you could have a corpus luteum cyst (most techs don't mention this during an ultrasound) and that can cause quite a bit of dull, achy cramping. Apparently the cyst helps the pregnancy by producing hormones until the placenta takes over at 12 weeks, then usually the cramping subsides a bit. Some people have bigger cysts than others and it can cause quite a bit of pain.

yes at my 7 week scan I was told I had a pregnancy cyst and said it was nothing to worry bout so I didn't question it

Hi Catty!
I have cramped badly everyday since the BFP, and it has eased so much when I hit 9-10 week. Now I am about 12 weeks, and the quietness is actually scary. Cramps, nausea and all kinds of pain have gone away, and if not for the bump, I would question whether I am really pregnant
Hope the cramps will ease soon for you

Hi I'm new here :) I have no idea how far along I am, waiting to get into the dr. But I'm having awful cramps too, back and forth between my left side and right side of my uterus/ovaries...super painful. I have no morning sickness yet so I am super nervous, I should be between 6-9 weeks but I really have no clue as we had quit TTC in June and just got a surprise bfp which I only tested for after 3 weeks of awful sore breast.

hi so from week 4 I have been cramping every day
is it normal or is something bad happening
I've had 2 scans since and every thing is fine
but why would I be cramping this much ?

I believe it is your uterus stretching. You might have noticed your trousers not fitting anymore or are too tight. I'm 5 weeks and cramping since 11 DPO. Very mild AF like cramps. There were constant the first few days. they got better last week but... well there are other pains and I do cramps at times. I did mention it to the Gp but he wasn't concerned at all.. To be honest unless it's really strong cramping or bleeding I won't be panicking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"