Cramping???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Shari22, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Shari22

Shari22 Well-Known Member

For the past 2 hours now i have been getting these really bad cramping pains in my lower abdomen like when you have ur period, and then i get dull aches in my lower back its just been coming and going... I had a bit of diarreah earlier too. Can also feel stuff coming out down there (sorry TMI)
    This is my 2nd preg with my 1st all i remember is losing my plug and then going into labour a few days after at 37 weeks.

Any ideas what this could be?... I will be 36 weeks on tuesday.

2. Ravelyn

Ravelyn Well-Known Member

Sounds like signs of preterm labour. I would give the labour and delivery ward a call and see what they say.

Another option is drinking a couple of glasses of water and laying down for an hour. If the pains do not go away, call the L&D and see what they suggest you should do.

Being as it is your 2nd pregnancy, you could very well be in early stages of labour.

3. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

It does sound like early labour, I would defiantly call L&D to get some advice, I hope all goes okay, thinking of you hun, take care :hugs: XX

4. Malingo

Malingo Well-Known Member

I agree, wish you all the best xxx

5. Gemma Lou

Gemma Lou Well-Known Member

from what I have read I would say it sounds like labout, give your maternity unit a call and see what they say x Good luck x

6. Shari22

Thanks girls, woke up this morning with a few dull aches but it has eased now.... Babba is moving around can feel him quite low down so hopefully it's a good sign... Don't know if the pains i was getting last night was dilation pains... My next m/w app is not until the 4th may when i will be 37 weeks but i have my last growth scan this wed so will know whats going on in there.

Just taking it easy at the moment but if i carry on getting pains will give the labour ward a call and see what they say... Just hoping i pass the 36 weeks then i am counted as full term

7. Dukechick

Dukechick Wife & proud Mom of 2

Good luck hun, I'm glad they got better.

Keep us updated!

8. Shari22

So far today nothing as bad as the other night... But for the last 2/3 days have had the urge to clean my whole house.. Nesting!!!!! I usually feel lazy to do anything in the day
    lol

9. mommydrgnfly

mommydrgnfly Prego w/ 4th.

does it still hurt or get worse when walking around? Drink a glass of water and than lay down on your left side for thirty minutes.. if it don't go away count them.. if u have 6 in an hour than i would for sure worry.. i know how u feel sweety.. i went into premature labor last weekend and been on bedrest since.. they put me on trebutaline to stop the contractions.. u may be in premature labor.. or having bad BH.. I would call the hospital.. oh yea for sure call them.. update me with whats going on.