Cramping?

Mrsmac02

TTC #1
Reaction score
Is it normal NOT to cramp in early pregnancy or could it be an indication things aren't progressing? I've had a few niggles in weeks 4 and 5 but nothing at the moment.

This is the fourth time I've been pregnant (one DS and two first tri mc)

Thanks x

I haven't had any cramping this pregnancy. When I did feel cramping it was for that one day for a couple hours when I spotted but other than that I feel nothing so don't think something is wrong. I just saw my baby dancing on the ultrasound yesterday too. Best wishes and try to relax

Thanks for sharing, it's reassuring to know it isn't unusual! X

I was wondering the same. In all my previous pregnancies, even when I miscarried, I always had some sort of cramping in early pregnancy. Mine would be described more of a pinching pain in my sides and felt like a balloon being blown up inside of me. I never remember being truly in pain, just a bit uncomfortable, like I was "full" down there. In my successful pregnancies, I remember my midwife telling me it was a cyst causing the pinching pains. When I miscarried, that cyst ruptured and the pain was no longer there.

I'm now cautiously expecting again after 3 losses. I had bad implantation cramping that lasted two whole days with the pinching pains and incredibly sore bbs. Not much by the way of symptoms ever since. It was worrying me too so I brought it up to my midwife and she told me that in subsequent pregnancies you tend to cramp less because your uterus has already been stretched and doesn't need to work as hard to make room for the baby. Try to stay at ease. I know it is hard but chances are everything will be fine :flower:

Thanks so much for sharing! It's hard not to over analyse things! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->