Cramping.....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by ChristinaRN, Jan 26, 2011.

1. ChristinaRN

ChristinaRN Mother of 3, pg with #4

I have been having cramping for the past 1 1/2 hrs. Seriously thinking of calling my OB. Feels exactly like menstrual cramps. Haven't ever had anything like this with my previous pregnancies. I've been laying down for the past 1 1/2 hrs, took a shower and drank a ton of water.....to no avail.
    Any opinions?

2. RebeccaR19

RebeccaR19 Well-Known Member

I think you should go to the ER and get checked out.

3. Spunky

Spunky James' and Juliet's Mama!

I'd say at least call/go in for reassurance! Especially since it's unusual for you and your pregnancies. :hugs:

4. ChristinaRN

Called my OB, she seems to think it may be a UTI. I do think I have a UTI but I don't think that's whats causing the cramps....we;ll see.

5. Spunky

Spunky James' and Juliet's Mama!

Will she see you sooner if the cramps continue? Can you get an appt tomorrow for reassurance?

6. qpaulina42

qpaulina42 Well-Known Member

I've been getting menstrual like cramps since before I got my BFP. I'm told it's stretching of the uterus etc...

7. mandapanda93

mandapanda93 Pregnant 1st Trimester

Go get checked out.
    I have an asymptomatic uti and would have never known about it except for going to the doctor for other reasons

8. hoping4babies

hoping4babies Well-Known Member

I had the same at 18wks. It ended up to be just stretching.

9. Sherri81

Sherri81 Mom to Greg and Angel Bab

Go to an ER to get checked. They can do a urine check, a doppler, and they can hook you up to a contraction machine. The contraction machines don't always work this early, but the nurses are usually good at feeling contractions with their hands. I bet it is either an infection or stretching. But get checked out now!!

10. ChristinaRN

Being its my 4th pregnancy....I know for sure it isn't stretching. This is VERY different. These cramps are very much like the ones you get in labor....right before it REALLY starts hurting. They are almost identical to menstrual cramps. I've had the stretching ones, but they feel much different for me.
    I am 99% sure I have an asymptomatic UTI....as I've had 3 already this pregnancy.....obviously the antibiotics they have been giving me aren't doing the trick. I am taking comfort in the fact that the baby has been very active tonight and my BH contractions aren't any more frequent than they usually are. If anythings changes though I will be headed straight to the ER. Otherwise I have an appointment first thing in the morning.

11. kazb25

kazb25 Well-Known Member

whats an asymptomatic UTI ? ive never heard of that before

12. ChristinaRN

A urinary tract infection (I think you guys call them water infections???) with no symptoms. No fever, no pain when I pee....nothing.