Cramping...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by CMarie, Jan 31, 2011.

1. CMarie

CMarie Guest

Hey girlies :flower:

I know I'm probably worrying over nothing since this is my first pregnancy, but I'm noticing that since my car accident on the 19th I've been having more lower abdominal cramping. I'm experiencing it right now. It's not severe, but it is noticeable and uncomfortable. When I was at the hospital after the car accident they did an ultrasound and the baby was doing fantastic. I haven't had any bleeding since the accident, but just this bit of cramping. It also feels sort of like pressure a bit. I guess it's hard to explain :/

Is cramping in the second trimester still normal?? I'm super worried about losing Bean :(

2. Tiffa130

Tiffa130 first time mom

Could it be braxton hicks or round ligament pain?

I'd ask your mw or dr they can probably tell you more accuratly if its normal or a side effect from the accident.

3. Plunky

Plunky Well-Known Member

put yourself on as much bedrest as you can until it subsides. it should subside in a day or two love. :hugs: call your midwife/doc let them know what's going on. it is better to be over cautious and have nothing happen than the opposite. you are not overreacting.

4. emsy

emsy Mummy to 3

i still get quite bad cramping although not as often as in first tri!! If its all started since the accident tho i would go back and ask them to have another look at me xxx

5. amy_1234

amy_1234 Mummy to Olivia

Hey my baby book says your baby is about to have a growth spurt around this time, I have been getting sharp shooting pains and pains in my ribs, I am seeing my midwife tommorow so will be asking about it, but my instincts are telling me that little one is just getting bigger my uterus is also a lot higher now xxx

6. amy_1234

amy_1234 Mummy to Olivia

How early can you get them? And what do they feel like xxx

7. fish girl

fish girl Well-Known Member

Thus is baby no four for me and I still get period like cramps ...it is the uterus stretching.. I'm 22 weeks.. I had it at 18 weeks as well..!

8. Veck

Veck Well-Known Member

I had a lot of cramping around that time too hun. It's nothing to worry about. My doctor told me it's because between weeks 15 and 18 there's a huge growth of the baby.:flower:

9. sardando

sardando Well-Known Member

I had a lot of cramping (braxton hicks) at 16/17 weeks too. I did have a water infection and since being treated for that I don't get them as much. Call your mw/doc for a checkup if you are worried.

10. CMarie

CMarie Guest

Thanks girls :) I have a drs. appt tomorrow so I'll post what she says when I get back. Hopefully it's nothing too bad!

:hugs: