Cramps a week before period

natasha82

Reaction score
Has anyone had period type cramps a week before they are due and still ended up pregnant?

Clutching at straws probably :(

Havent had any symptoms this month apart from the tips of my nipples being red and really sore after ovulation, but thats gone away now. Then today i start to get those all to familiar af type cramps low down in my uterus area and abit in my lower back. Stupid body, bet AF comes early just to Pee me off! :cry:

Unfortunately I have no idea but I am in a similar position :thumbup:

Cramps have no significance to be quite honest you can cramp for many reasons and no reasons at all. Implantation. Af. Infection. Or just mid late cycle cramps goodluck

I thought I was out when I fell pregnant with my LO as I had that!

I thought I was out when I fell pregnant with my LO as I had that!

Ahh really. Well i am so not getting my hopes up this cycle cos i hate seeing the bfn's. Just have to wait and see, wait wait wait lol.

I really thought my period was coming, I had Af style cramps since the day after O on June 7th. Mostly on the right side.
I thought for sure, I was out. Then june 16th had a faint bfp 10dpo. Cramping was DEFINTELY a sign for me. I never cramp so early before a period.
I was on a thread here and posted everyday af is coming i know it, af is coming i know it because of all the cramps I had. But it never came!
So dont give up. Its not over til she says so.
:dust:

Like ArmyWife, I was convinced I was out; the cramps were identical to my :witch: cramps and I felt that, for sure, they would be different or nonexistent. But turns out, they were not period cramps! I had them for about the first week, non-stop, then intermittently through the next two after my bfp. I'm 8 weeks now and the cramps are a bit different... I don't know how to describe them. but it's common in early pregnancy to have cramps, like AF cramps or otherwise.

but as said too, cramps could indicate anything. so they're not something to bank your life on, but don't say, "I'm out!" til the ugly :witch: appears (or doesn't)!

I am having the same issue. Cramping 1-3dpo and again today at 7 dpo. BFN this afternoon and AF is due on 11 dpo. Hmm maybe it is a good sign, maybe not.

I really thought my period was coming, I had Af style cramps since the day after O on June 7th. Mostly on the right side.
I thought for sure, I was out. Then june 16th had a faint bfp 10dpo. Cramping was DEFINTELY a sign for me. I never cramp so early before a period.
I was on a thread here and posted everyday af is coming i know it, af is coming i know it because of all the cramps I had. But it never came!
So dont give up. Its not over til she says so.
:dust:

Oh wow, so maybe there is a little hope? Its just so hard all this waiting, i wish i could have a little window to look inside my body and see what is going on lol.

Like ArmyWife, I was convinced I was out; the cramps were identical to my :witch: cramps and I felt that, for sure, they would be different or nonexistent. But turns out, they were not period cramps! I had them for about the first week, non-stop, then intermittently through the next two after my bfp. I'm 8 weeks now and the cramps are a bit different... I don't know how to describe them. but it's common in early pregnancy to have cramps, like AF cramps or otherwise.

but as said too, cramps could indicate anything. so they're not something to bank your life on, but don't say, "I'm out!" til the ugly :witch: appears (or doesn't)!

Thanks for your reply :flower: i know that some people get cramps in early pregnancy but i wasnt sure if you could get period type cramps a week before you are due on? Its so confusing this ttc business. Just wish this 2ww didnt feel so long.

With all three of my pregnancies I had cramps exactly a week before my af.... All three times I was pregnant! T put it down to implantation pains...? Goodluck x

With all three of my pregnancies I had cramps exactly a week before my af.... All three times I was pregnant! T put it down to implantation pains...? Goodluck x

Thank you hun for your reply. I will stay hopeful. :flower:

I am due on tomorrow 1st July I started to cramp all day on Monday (27th) felt exactly like period cramping but also in my lower back going into my bum cheeks had it pretty much all day and a little the next morning now that I am due on it has all stopped,judging how i felt this morning when I woke up and the sick feeling I have had all day in the pit of my stomach(like a hangover lol)....Im pregnant!!!! exactly the same as my last 3 pregnancies,taking test in the morning will up date then lol

So Natasha82, did you ever find out if you were pregnant or not? I'm hoping from your picture that you were. I'm having the same symptoms and I'm trying to wait patiently to see if I'm preggo or not. Me and my husband were not trying, but were not as careful as we should have been. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, because the only reason we haven't been trying is that we're trying to finish schooling. I've been wanting children for a while now though.

So Natasha82, did you ever find out if you were pregnant or not? I'm hoping from your picture that you were. I'm having the same symptoms and I'm trying to wait patiently to see if I'm preggo or not. Me and my husband were not trying, but were not as careful as we should have been. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, because the only reason we haven't been trying is that we're trying to finish schooling. I've been wanting children for a while now though.

Yes hun i was pregnant that month. I had my beautiful little boy on the 13th April 2012 at 12 days overdue. So for me the period type cramps were a sign i was in fact pregnant. I remember actually having really really bad cramps and what felt like the worse period ever was gonna come, even after getting a positive hpt i carried on getting these pains up until i was about 5-6 weeks pregnant. I was convinced my period was gonna come the pains were so bad. Hope this helps. :flower:

I was just reading through these posts and have a little inkling of hope!! My period is due in a week and for the past few days i've had what feel like proper period pains but more pulling and stretching at times. On Sunday when I went to the toilet, I had some ewcm with a thin line of blood in it when I wiped (sorry tmi) and then later that day a tiny bit more cm with a ever so light browny/red tinge to it and that was it. I've still got the period type cramps and today some creamy cm. Does it sound hopeful to any of you ladies?

I know it is an old thread but;

I had the worst cramps ever in the first trimester, well before I got a faint positive test! I was sure I was about to come on and my friend kept saying I was pregnant and I was sure I couldn't be because my cramps were so bad but she kept insisting she felt the same with her pregnancies. She often says "I told you so." now. :haha: Interestingly my first 2 pregnancies were MC's and I did not get and cramping with them.

Woo, this is my first even posting on this site, as i typed in 'AF like cramps for one week after ovulation' and this came up. I ovulated late on CD22, DTD on 20,21 and 22. This is our 2nd month of trying. This month i have had terrible cramps from 1dpo. On 7dpo now and still have them. I don't want to get my hopes up but this thread is giving me some hope so heres hoping! I was silly this morning and did a test, which as expected was negative but then again 7dpo i expected it! Only other 'symptoms' are heartburn last 3 days and constant burping! Boobs sore at the sides but i normally have that anyway! GL everyone and if anyone had this and got pregnant i'd love to hear :):)

I was just reading through these posts and have a little inkling of hope!! My period is due in a week and for the past few days i've had what feel like proper period pains but more pulling and stretching at times. On Sunday when I went to the toilet, I had some ewcm with a thin line of blood in it when I wiped (sorry tmi) and then later that day a tiny bit more cm with a ever so light browny/red tinge to it and that was it. I've still got the period type cramps and today some creamy cm. Does it sound hopeful to any of you ladies?

Hi sorry only just seen these recent replies, haven't been on much this past week as my little boy was ill in hospital but is fine now.
Yes i had the proper period type pains really bad and the pulling stretching type pains. Also where you say about the thin line of blood when you wiped - i had similar. The one and only time i ever saw a pin prick speck of red blood on the day i ovulated, was the month i fell pregnant. Sounds very hopeful to me. Good luck let me know the outcome hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->