Cramps and bleeding 5w6d - advice?

cl59

Reaction score
Sorry for the long post but I really need someone to talk to.

I've been having cramps on and off since I got my bfp at 4w2d. Pretty sure they were related to my IBS as they were much worse around trapped wind/bm. I've been having tender boobs and feeling a bit lightheaded and very tired. I had a blood test at 4w4d and my beta hcg was 221.

Today I woke up and I just felt like something was wrong. I took a frer test and it was positive but a bit faint (say half as dark as the control line). At about 10.30 I had a bm and after that really bad cramping for 10 minutes. I spoke to the doctor who suggested another blood test to reassure me. On my way to the doctor I realised I was bleeding (3pm). Only when I wipe (nothing on the pad). First time there was a little dark red mucus type discharge, then some dark brown. Cramping also started then, constant dull ache with sharper pains on and off. On last two trips to the bathroom there's been much less blood, and it's now brown with some brown stringy bits (sorry tmi). My boobs aren't really sore anymore and I don't really feel tired.

I saw my doctor at 4pm. He's sending me for a scan tomorrow (6w0d) but he did say it may be inconclusive as it's still so early. I'm feeling so sad and sure that I've lost it. Cramps are getting a little bit stronger, they're very low down. Just keep crying and feel scared :cry:

hugs hun i know what you are going through hope its just a little bit of bleeding x

Stop taking pregnancy tests because it will drive you more mad.. plus they will stay positive.

Good luck with your scan Bleeding through is common
I now what your going through

Thank you both. Pain and bleeding got much worse and scan confirmed mc yesterday :cry:

Really sorry, I had the same experience with first pregnancy so know how awful you must feel. Big hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"