Cramps, over a week before AF is due

AlwaysDreamin

Reaction score
So, as the title says, I've been having period like cramps for about 3 days now.
But I'm not due on until around the 19th!

Is this a possible symptom of pregnancy?
I've had the odd twinge in the two week wait before but these feel as if my monthly is about to start.

Has anyone experienced this?
I've been pregnant before and I remember having cramps then, but if I remember correctly, they started when my period was actually due, not over a week before hand.
Kinda confused.
Talk to me ladies!

I also posted this in TWW but thought you ladies in the first trimester could give some insight.
Congrats to all here!

With this pregnancy I started cramping around 6/7 dpo and my AF wasn't due until 16 dpo, so that's nearly a week and a half! Definitely sounds promising! :thumbup:

Thanks so much for your reply!

I just don't remember any other cycle where I've had cramps that were more than a twinge, so early on.

Do you have twins? Your profile picture is so cute! I also have twins, two boys who will be 2 at the end of October! ....maybe these cramps are a twin mommy thing! Lol.
Although I actually haven't had any so far today... x

Nope, no twins for me. My kids are 3, 2, and almost 1, so just really close age gaps!

I hope these cramps turn into a lovely BFP for you. :flower:

Hi there, I starting cramping around 8/9dpo (tues/wed) and AF was due Saturday so almost a week before :) x

Oh, spiffynoodles, I didn't have my glasses on, they really looked like twins!! Lol. Still a very cute pic tho! x

Ooh, really Kayloo?
I'm not sure what to make of it all. I'm not someone who charts or even uses opks but I'm pretty sure when I ovulated and we have sex throughout the month so there's always a chance I could be pregnant.

My left breast has started to hurt, only when I bend over. Not sure if that's just me reading into things.

It all just seems a tad out the ordinary for me... I really do have a feeling I'm just in for a very bad visit from AF :/ x

Hmmm maybe implantation cramps?
I didn't get any implantation cramping myself, but I've heard it's fairly common and it happens a few days before af is due

Hey ,

I was exactly the same. Cramps a week before AF was due, spots, sore boobs all the same symptoms as when AF is due.

I tested yesterday and got my BFP

Good Luck I hope you get yours xxx

Thanks ladies!
I'm pretty sure it's just AF on the way, I don't really feel any different, it was just that few days worth of cramps that had me confused, I don't normally have them so early.

Congratulations to you all! I hope you all have a wonderful 9 months! x

I had AF style cramps starting at 3 DPO with this baby! Could be your BFP! You never know! Don't count yourself out til the :witch: shows her ugly face!

Same here was telling my friend witch was coming very early I was so convinced but now I'm 10 weeks :)

Thanks ladies. I'm not so sure myself, I'm still pretty sure AF is on the way.

Although, this is weird, last night I went to have a tinkle and when I wiped there was the teeniest, tiniest spot of red on the paper. And I mean tiny, like the size of a pinhead.

When I was pregnant the last time, I remember something similar happening but at that time it was a tiny speck of blood in like a blob of cm (so sorry!) about 3 days after AF was due.
This time round I'm pretty dry down there... So I don't know if there's any relation.
Just thought it was odd... I guess all I can do is wait and see but I still feel like AF will show any moment! x

With my second, I had such awful cramps well before I expected AF. I kept popping Midol to take away the pain, for 4 days until I tested and got a BFP. Oops? He's s perfect 2 year old, now, though. Obviously, I didn't harm him. Haha

Oops! They're so similar though aren't they?!
I remember when I was pregnant, I waited 8 days to test because I was absolutely adamant that AF was coming. I was very surprised when I got that second line!
I just don't ever remember cramping so early on in my cycle though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->