Cramps/tightenings 11 weeks

minties

Complete
Reaction score
I've never had this before, so not sure if it is normal or not? My uterus has really popped up and out over the last week, I can feel it easily. It feels tender sometimes, for about half a day, then stops, then feels a bit tender again.

Last night I was sitting cross-legged on the floor, sorting out lego (I sell lego online, and have to sort large sets into separate lots). I was doing it for about an hour and had what I can only describe as tightenings or very super mild contractions. They lasted about 40 seconds each, and there were about 8 of them spaced a minute apart. They went away as soon as I lay down on the couch, I had another one again when I sat up, but nothing after that.

Is this some sort of braxton hicks thing? I've never had those.

It sounds like BH. They usually kick in a little later, but maybe they are happening earlier bc it's your third? I got them a lot during my first pregnancy from about midway through second tri. They would be a lot more frequent/intense if I was dehydrated AT ALL.

It's probably nothing to worry about, but I would definitely give your doctor a call if they don't stop in response to resting and drinking some water.

Thanks! I did down 2 glasses of water in case it was that. I have sent my midwife a text asking her what she thought, but she's on holiday so takes her a while to reply. I haven't had any more, it has been about 14 hours.

The cramps or whatever they were, weren't painful, just made me pause a bit and were just slightly uncomfortable.

Definitely sound like Braxton Hicks. You will notice them more this time since it's not your first baby and you're more in tune with your body. They will continue throughout the second trimester and may get a bit stronger into your third to start dilation to prepare you for labor.

Thanks lilmiss! I haven't ever had a chance to really labour before, I ended up with an augmented labour with my son followed by and emergency c-section then got talked into an elective with my daughter at 39 weeks. Hoping for a VBA2C this time. Will be nice if my uterus co-operates haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"