Cramps?

Nov11_Mummy2b

Poppy-Mae's Mummy
Reaction score
Are cramps in late pregnancy normal? I've been experiencing them since around 35 weeks at least every other day.
Is this a sign of labour being close, or baby is fully engaging?? Or is it something I should be worried about??
MW at my last app at 37 weeks but on my notes baby was engaged but didnt say by how much.
Experiences or opinions really appreciated.
May I also add I have no bleeding, and lost no plug. Basically had no signs of labour being close. I am now 38 weeks today.

Ive not had any cramps :shrug: I thought they were an early labour sign but maybe not?

Thier not bad cramps just there, bareable. Quite annoying tho. I did ask the midwife but she din't really give me much of a reply of why I am getting them, just said that thier normal which wasnt much help.

I wouldn't worry hun. You're full term anyway and if it develops into labour you'll know soon enough!

Thanks hun, I wouldn't really say am worried. Just most curious as to what the cause is.

i know what you mean. i 2nd guess every tiny twinge these days :growlmad:

I have started having cramps too, I would say in the last week or so. Feels like period cramps down low, unlike a BH which tightens from the top. At the moment I am having about 1/2 episodes of cramping a day, but i will keep an eye on it to see if the cramps increase. It is a little exciting to think that it may be my body beginning to get ready. I too, have had no other signs of labour approaching.

im the sane cramps on and off for a few days like period pain or needing a poo!
only now and again, and get really sore hips and vag, the glamours of motherhood!!

I lost my plug a week ago at 37 weeks and I have had period-like cramps ever since. I mostly get them at night.

I lost my plug a week ago at 37 weeks and I have had period-like cramps ever since. I mostly get them at night.

We are due the same day only am team pink. I haven't lost my plug yet, been watching but nothing. Just excessive discharge.
I also tend to get the cramps at night but sometimes in the morning not long after I have woke.

We are due the same day only am team pink. I haven't lost my plug yet, been watching but nothing. Just excessive discharge.
I also tend to get the cramps at night but sometimes in the morning not long after I have woke.

How are your BH? I get them every few hours...they hurt a bit but they're very irregular. I wonder how much longer lol. So tired of the fake-outs :wacko: I had a really painful one this morning and I thought to myself "This is it!!" but then it went away and hasn't come back since.

ive been getting these cramps since 35weeks also?
pretty much every evening and when i walk allot?
hope my bodies gearing up for something!

How are your BH? I get them every few hours...they hurt a bit but they're very irregular. I wonder how much longer lol. So tired of the fake-outs :wacko: I had a really painful one this morning and I thought to myself "This is it!!" but then it went away and hasn't come back since.

I havent seemed to have many that I have noticed. Only ever had 1 or 2 that have actually been painful. Its the burning ribs that is a killer for me, hate it so much as I can't seem to ease it, OH is sick of listening to me moan about it now lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->