Crampy and uncomfortable

beancounter

Reaction score
I have been feeling a bit uncomfortable low down on my abdomen. I wasn't too worried because I figured it was just stretching and I have a cough so maybe I pulled a muscle but I though since I was phoning for a antenatal appointment I would ask if I could speak to the midwife.. . how hard can this be?
They made it so difficult I got in quite a state. Now I really DO feel worried and upset. I don't see why I can't be given a phone number for my midwife, or get her to ring me, but instead they make me ring the hospital, but they give me the wrong number, then I get transferred to another bit, that doesnt answer and all the while I am gradually loosing my wit and will to live.

And even if everything is ok, I have a sense of dread because if something were to go wrong, I don't think anyone would help me :cry:

I fel a bit emotional because my mum had a miscarriage round about now and did her best to scare me shitless. It worked. I would go to bed but I have a stupid housing inspection.

thus ends my rant.

Sorry to hear you are feeling low today. Is your midwife's phone number on the front of your pregnancy notes? I know mine wrote hers on there. Just a thought.

No, I just have the hospital number. I don't have the midwifes number, so I can either phone the surgery (who will tell me to phone the hospital) or phone the hospital, which I just tried to do unsuccessfully, and anyway, you don't really want to phone a labour ward because you think you might have a UTI and the doctors receptionist is a witch.

That is awful you cannot contact your MW direct. I have about three numbers listed, one for her at the surgery one out of hours and an emergency one. The one at the surgery I can leave a message if no one answers she calls me back. When you do get to speak to her ask her for better numbers.

I'm sure it's nothing as i get days like that, all crampy and weird, and then it goes the next day. Do you have any other symptoms? If there's no water works problems it's probably just stretching and round ligament pain.

You can always call a different helpline - i know the cow and gate web site has a section where you can call experts / midwifes with questions. Same with the NCT, so might be worth looking at them.

At my hospital i don't have a midwife number either - but i found out last week the delivery section has a midwife triage 24/7, so you call that number and a midwife will answer any questions you have, or you can go down and wait to see someone if really worried. I never see the same midwife at my place, as there are so many :(

Oh, and my mum had a m/c at this stage too. Makes we worry all over again at this stage - although in the days my mum had it, they never had scans etc, so who knows why they had m/c. Its so not a hereditary thing anyway, but i know how psychologically your mind can play cruel tricks.

I hated this in the earlier days and even now if i get crampy I crap myself. I have no one to call also. I get through to the hospital to a receptionist who tells my my consultant who i never met is out or somethig and mid wifes in my area only work till 10.15am in the clinic! I cant go there at that time thats my puke time and i aint puking outside of my house I just cant as i am vocal and its embarassing having a face that looks like i was choked to death and all purple in a waiting room full of gauping peple who stare and move away. :(

you know who i go to! i wait and go to the out of hours doctor! you are seen within an hour and they make an appointment om the phone and you dont have to wait when you get there andthey have dopplers and everything¬! my doc you have to wait a week on and dosnt even call you back during the day in her calling sessons.

i hope the cramping eases off soon. I have been there but try and relax and see how it goes through the day and if in doubt call doc on call.

That's a good idea about the NCT, I didn't think of that. I have already paid them a shed load of money though. I have felt peanut having a little swim (or whatever it is peanuts do in there for entertainment) so I guess I will just leave it because I think it's the coughing. If it gets worse I wil go to the duty dr then :D
thanks
:hugs:

Health care. bah...
I'm sure its nothing, just the extra jerking around with your coughing. Its amazing how affected your whole body is.
:hugs:

I had the same problem yesterday, at first i was given the number for the maternity ward...but they didnt answer the phone!
In the end i spoke directly to the doctor who put my mind at rest, apparently its normal to get a few pains or twinges!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->