Cranberry juice,Urine infection??

danni1979

Reaction score
Hiya Ladies

Well since i've been preggers i've had 2 urine infection needing 3 courses of antibiotics and today i am sure i have a 3rd!!

I am really reluctant to go back to the docs and go on antibiotics again as i only finished the last course last week...

I drink about 4-5 pints of water daily so dont understand why i keep getting them...

I have just bought some cranberry juice although i hate the stuff and i'm wondering if it really does get rid of urine infections and how much i need to drink of the stuff,Oh and also any tother tips for getting rid of this urine infection..

Ta ladies

D
17+2
xx xx

I was doing some googling and I found this explaination as to why wimmin get them more while pregnant https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/utiduringpreg.html

I also found this artical on cranberry juice https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/14367.php

I work for a Holistic Dr and one thing she recommends for stuff like this is "Olive leaf" if you google it theres a bunch of info on it. It's like a natural antibiotic and you can get it from any natural health store. (I actually took it a month ago to help clear up an yeast infection on my belly)

Proper antibiotics make me more ill than the UTI :(

Hope you feel better soon :)

Cranberry juice does not take it away hun...it can help prevent it...Drink cranberry juice it increase the acid in the urine making it hard for bacteria to grow. Cranberry juice also makes the bladder walls slippery and it makes it hard for bacteria to stick to the walls.
Antibiotics is the best thing for a UTI...UTI are dangerous and painful...I KNOW...I've gotten a couple....so go to the DR...the medication wont harm your baby. I'd drink 2 cups a day...and remember it must be 100% cranberry juice...not cocktails.

I got two in the beginning of my pregnancy. Since than, I try to drink cranberry juice when I can, especially for long car rides. I haven't had a UTI since. So I'd say it works! Hope you get over yours soon. I know they suck! I always got VERY physically sick and that's the only way I knew I had one though. :hugs::hugs:

When got this infections only thing to get rid of them is antibitoics, soon you get them the better.
Im prone to these aswell, but your lucky. My doc/MW didnt give me anything i had 1 for 16weeks, to 1 point i thought was in early labour due to the pains.

Oh and another thing...the juice can help alleviate the UTI slowly....so go to your DR babe

ThanksLadies

Lokks like a trip to the docs for me then BOOOOOO

I am just so concerned about taking so many antibiotics whilst preggers espec as i only finished the last course last week....

D
xx xx

Hiya i am really really prone to UTI's aswell. Even more so now im pregnant. I find cranberry juice helps alot but that could all be in my head lol also you can get cranberry supplements. I take 3 daily and it does seem to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->